Meme King
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m thinking this is my final combo. View attachment 9240

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Black top?

Well, my wife doesn’t like the Gladiator, so we discussed buying an older JK & building it, vs. a JLUR. She told me to buy a JL, so there you go.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Congrats! Do it.

Just built a gator gladiator and see it says late availability. Guess I’ll wait. I like the tan leather interior with that color though. Tough decision.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I'm totally cool on waiting for the color I want. I'm sure it will get tedious toward the end, but spending that kind of money on a vehicle, I'd rather have what I want.

Piginajeep

Black top?

Congrats! Do it.

I'm totally cool on waiting for the color I want. I'm sure it will get tedious toward the end, but spending that kind of money on a vehicle, I'd rather have what I want.

No shit. I really want orange. But it doesn’t go with my build plans for the company.

I like the black top, it breaks up the body lines. I hated my jk8 with the color match.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

JTCO

Meme King
How weak will that front axle be on the gladiator? Do you get a Rubicon and leave it or a sport/overland and put a PR in the front? Guess the price difference would be a big factor.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Pretty sure axles are identical on the Gladiator. All the 44.

Sport or SportS comes with 3.73 gear ratio with a factory option to upgrade to 4.10.

Overland, you're stuck with 3.73, no upgrade option.

Rubicon, 4.10 standard.

But all still the same 44 housings.

Brute

Still debating on whether to get the the Sport or Overland. I love the body matched fender flares but they're not available on the Sport. Biggest downside to me is on the Overland, you can only get the 3.73 gear ratio. On the Sport, you can upgrade to a 4.10. Plus on the Overland, I really don't like the little chrome-looking shit on the grille inserts.

The Rubicon offers all of the above that I want but this thing will be on pavement most of the time and I really have no need for the lockers, sway bar, tcase, nor the extra $$$ it will cost.

View attachment 9229

Does anyone recall when the JK came out what the approximate cost was for used color-matched fenders when people took them off and didn't want them?

When it's all said and done, you're going to wish you bought the Rubicon model...especially if you are going to tow anything. 4.10 gearing will be much better in the mountains of CO, and more so knowing you are going to load it with camping gear.
And there will be times you will be glad you have selective lockers...

Brute

I want all the other Rubicon features. I haven’t thrown money in axles on my JK8 so I can put it towards the JT.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Pretty sure axles are identical on the Gladiator. All the 44.

Sport or SportS comes with 3.73 gear ratio with a factory option to upgrade to 4.10.

Overland, you're stuck with 3.73, no upgrade option.

Rubicon, 4.10 standard.

But all still the same 44 housings.

What about the tcase? 4:1 in the Rubicon?...the other models?

JTCO

Meme King
When it's all said and done, you're going to wish you bought the Rubicon model...especially if you are going to tow anything. 4.10 gearing will be much better in the mountains of CO, and more so knowing you are going to load it with camping gear.
And there will be times you will be glad you have selective lockers...

Sport S has higher towing capacity than the Rubicon model. I just realized last night that if we go with the 4.10 axles on the Sport S, that the package comes with the colored-match flares. Hope that doesn't generate a conflict with the wife, but overall, I don't think that will be a real deal-breaker for her.
I really want the 4.10 axles. However, we are going with 35s because we're going to be running Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and the biggest size they make is the 35s (set on those tires as this will be a pavement vehicle). Being that Eddie ran 37s on his JL with a 4.10 ratio in a similar geography and didn't complain, I really think this new 8 speed trans will make up for the power loss in the JT vs the JK. Worse case, I have the ability to re-gear at home if it's that bad. And as far as heavy towing, we don't really have any immediate plans for that; this will mainly be a newer vehicle for us and used as a truck for projects/cargo for us.

Brute

Sport S has higher towing capacity than the Rubicon model. I just realized last night that if we go with the 4.10 axles on the Sport S, that the package comes with the colored-match flares. Hope that doesn't generate a conflict with the wife, but overall, I don't think that will be a real deal-breaker for her.
I really want the 4.10 axles. However, we are going with 35s because we're going to be running Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and the biggest size they make is the 35s (set on those tires as this will be a pavement vehicle). Being that Eddie ran 37s on his JL with a 4.10 ratio in a similar geography and didn't complain, I really think this new 8 speed trans will make up for the power loss in the JT vs the JK. Worse case, I have the ability to re-gear at home if it's that bad. And as far as heavy towing, we don't really have any immediate plans for that; this will mainly be a newer vehicle for us and used as a truck for projects/cargo for us.

Can you get lockers with the Sport S? Are the tcases different between the Rubicon and other models?

Hard to believe the towing capacity of the Rubicon is going to be lower than the Sport S...I wonder why that is...

I will be getting a JT at some point in the future for sure...I'm going to wait to see what engine options may become available after a couple years in the market...and I'm going to leave it relatively stock (except most likely 37" tires) since I already have a highly modified Jeep truck that is similar to a JT...