JL Lift Kits

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What I can say is that I really like Loni, the owner of Skyjacker. I've wheeled with him and he's a great guy. What I can also tell you is that on the JK, they were really early to market with a kits just like they are with the JL. Unfortunately, their kits had issues with excessive coil sag and track bar mounts tearing off the axle. The later was eventually fixed with a re-design but I don't think they ever really recovered from the negative press they had gotten. If it were me, I'd hold off on it.

SNACK_PACK

Something to remember or at-least think about when it comes to any sort of products for our Jeep.... Jeep has been designing and real world testing the JL for years. with lots of trial and error. just like any well manufactured products. now just because a company is first, second or third to market doesn't mean quality... reason why I say this is how can jeep spend oodles of dollars in research and development on the factory suspension to have a much smaller company (which ever that might be) to hurry and slap together and redesign their product for a taller, smoother, more capable set up....I am not saying that it cant be done because lots of companies come out with great ideas. I am just saying it takes time. and for all those saying that they want only the best or most comfy ride. how is there any real comparison when some companies don't even have any JL products out yet due to their own research and development... anyways for a entry level lift I do believe that the Mopar performance kit is a great choice

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Something to remember or at-least think about when it comes to any sort of products for our Jeep.... Jeep has been designing and real world testing the JL for years. with lots of trial and error. just like any well manufactured products. now just because a company is first, second or third to market doesn't mean quality... reason why I say this is how can jeep spend oodles of dollars in research and development on the factory suspension to have a much smaller company (which ever that might be) to hurry and slap together and redesign their product for a taller, smoother, more capable set up....I am not saying that it cant be done because lots of companies come out with great ideas. I am just saying it takes time. and for all those saying that they want only the best or most comfy ride. how is there any real comparison when some companies don't even have any JL products out yet due to their own research and development... anyways for a entry level lift I do believe that the Mopar performance kit is a great choice

This is true and a BIG part of why I've personally installed and ran so many different products and made by different manufacturers over the last 20 years. Just on the JK alone, my 2007 has gone through multiple lift kits and many of the same size. It's even gone through 2 different long arm kits and coil over setups. If you really want the "best", I can almost guarantee you that it won't be available for at least 5 years. Anything you get now will just be okay to pretty good and yes, the Mopar 2" kit is probably one of the best you can get for what it is. Rancho is gonna be right up with them and if only because their parent company does so much work with Jeep. EVO is as well but a lot of that is because of who they know.

SNACK_PACK

I personally recommend and prefer teraflex products because of their convenience to me as they are a local company and I feel like they have great products and stand behind their products. Now I know alot of people will disagree with me but hey, that's life and what makes the Jeep community great because there are so many different options a person can choose

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I personally recommend and prefer teraflex products because of their convenience to me as they are a local company and I feel like they have great products and stand behind their products. Now I know alot of people will disagree with me but hey, that's life and what makes the Jeep community great because there are so many different options a person can choose

LOL!! It's not just that some of us would disagree, it's that some of us have personally tested their products and found them to be sub-standard or have seen them fail time and time again. Just to point out a few...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...olated-cases?p=1037484&viewfull=1#post1037484
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50673-Falcon-shock

I simply can't make this stuff up.

Sure, they'll send out new stuff but will blame the customer for the failure. Something I've seen time and time again. For me personally, I prefer to buy American made products whenever possible and really, the best warranty is the one I never have to call on. But then, that is just me.

SNACK_PACK

LOL!! It's not just that some of us would disagree, it's that some of us have personally tested their products and found them to be sub-standard or have seen them fail time and time again. Just to point out a few...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...olated-cases?p=1037484&viewfull=1#post1037484
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50673-Falcon-shock

I simply can't make this stuff up.

Sure, they'll send out new stuff but will blame the customer for the failure. Something I've seen time and time again. For me personally, I prefer to buy American made products whenever possible and really, the best warranty is the one I never have to call on. But then, that is just me.
Dang. 5 threads on broken products... That is crazy! You know what? I don't think any other manufacturer has had this issue.....? Or even have Mopar offer their lifts or tire carrier as a "mopar" kit like they did on the jk line

JTCO

Meme King
Dang. 5 threads on broken products... That is crazy! You know what? I don't think any other manufacturer has had this issue.....? Or even have Mopar offer their lifts or tire carrier as a "mopar" kit like they did on the jk line

I'm far from an expert and have not run any teraflex parts, however I've spent enough time on WAYALIFE to see more than enough members over the years who have run those parts and have had breaks and pictures to prove it. I will never run a single one of teraflex parts nor recommend them to anyone. I'm sure people also have good experience with them, but the bad experiences I've seen have led me far away from them.
The last thing I want is to be miles away from cell service, using my Jeep near its full potential, and be stuck due to inferior parts quality.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

To be fair, 5 threads that I could find in a pinch. There are tons more.

Everyone can and will have issues but TeraFlex seems to have way more than most. Haters will accuse guys like me that I'm just trash talking TeraFlex because I don't get "free stuff" from them but again, I simply can't make all this stuff up. You couldn't pay me to run their stuff.

Unlike before, Mopar makes all their own stuff now.

SNACK_PACK

Correct. Mopar performance products are their own breed now. but you do have to say that Mopar picking the teraflex lifts and teraflex tire carrier as their own Mopar kit for the jk line says something! weather you like Teraflex or not.(how how many companies imitated the teraflex tire carrier and called it their own) and you don't have to be a teraflex fan in order to get free stuff. they are just who I prefer for my own reasoning. I have ran their products problem free on all 3 of my jk's and that is why I continue to run them... now over the net is probably seems like we are arguing over such a simple topic but as far as my end I am just having a educated discussion with you. I also realize that people have had issues with teraflex or any other company and this is why people shy away from brand s and stick with what works best for them in their circumstances

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Correct. Mopar performance products are their own breed now. but you do have to say that Mopar picking the teraflex lifts and teraflex tire carrier as their own Mopar kit for the jk line says something! weather you like Teraflex or not.

LOL!! Not exactly. Mopar had re-branded products made by other manufacturers for a really long time and well before they settled on the re-designed TeraFlex tire carrier. You know, because of all the breaks they were having. Mopar didn't go with them because what they made was great, they went with them because it was cost effective. Sad but true.

(how how many companies imitated the teraflex tire carrier and called it their own)

Apparently, you're not aware of how Chinese manufacturing works. If you were willing to buy enough units, you could have their tire carrier made with your name on it and packaged in box with your face on it too. Trust me, I get approached by these guys all the time. Alibaba is another place you can do this and from the comfort of your living room.

and you don't have to be a teraflex fan in order to get free stuff. they are just who I prefer for my own reasoning. I have ran their products problem free on all 3 of my jk's and that is why I continue to run them... now over the net is probably seems like we are arguing over such a simple topic but as far as my end I am just having a educated discussion with you. I also realize that people have had issues with teraflex or any other company and this is why people shy away from brand s and stick with what works best for them in their circumstances

LOL!! Oh no, nobody I know is arguing. In the end, it's your money and your Jeep and you should do whatever it is you want with both. Certainly, I couldn't care less. I just share what I've seen in the hopes that I can help others who might be interested. Of course, who am I to be listened to anyway.

SNACK_PACK

Apparently, you're not aware of how Chinese manufacturing works. If you were willing to buy enough units, you could have their tire carrier made with your name on it and packaged in box with your face on it too. Trust me, I get approached by these guys all the time. Alibaba is another place you can do this and from the comfort of your living room.

I am very curious on the info you have received on that the Teraflex products are not made in house here in the states? I personally have been to their store/warehouse/manufacturing where products including falcon shocks are made in house except for their coils which comes from a company based out of California I believe

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am very curious on the info you have received on that the Teraflex products are not made in house here in the states? I personally have been to their store/warehouse/manufacturing where products including falcon shocks are made in house except for their coils which comes from a company based out of California I believe

"ASSEMBLING" parts that you get from China is not the same thing as being "MADE IN THE USA". This is why NONE of their products say as much - they just put that BS about being "100% engineered, designed, & built in the USA" as if it's the same thing. Legally, that's the most they can do and I have to say, it's that kind of disingenuous crap that bugs me about them too.

Oh, I should probably note that I used to work with TeraFlex years ago, back before I couldn't stand to anymore.

SNACK_PACK

I can see where you are coming from... and I totally get it... It still doesn't change my opinion of the company or their parts, just like your wont change about them and that is what makes us who we are. we have the option of choosing who we buy from to improve our jeeps based off of our own results or findings. I personally have never ran some of the jeeping brands out there so I cannot say anything good or bad about them as I have no experience with them. but I would like to know who our fearless leader would recommend for a over best lift kit brand for longevity/performance/and customer service and why? Evo?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can see where you are coming from... and I totally get it... It still doesn't change my opinion of the company or their parts, just like your wont change about them and that is what makes us who we are. we have the option of choosing who we buy from to improve our jeeps based off of our own results or findings. I personally have never ran some of the jeeping brands out there so I cannot say anything good or bad about them as I have no experience with them.

Like I've said before, it's your money and your Jeep and you should do whatever it is you want with both. I honestly couldn't care less being that they're not mine. Fact of the matter is, I HAVE PERSONALLY installed and tested a myriad of Jeep products made by a ton of different companies over the last 25 years and the most I could ever hope to do is share what I've learned with those who might be interested. Me, I consider myself to be fortunate enough to be able to afford and run whatever I think is best. If TeraFlex were it, I assure you, that's what I'd be running.

but I would like to know who our fearless leader would recommend for a over best lift kit brand for longevity/performance/and customer service and why? Evo?

:cheesy: Please, I just pay the bills around here. Clearly, I choose to run a lot of EVO products now but I won't lie, that could change. Over just the last 10 years, they have proven themselves to make some of the highest quality products I have ever personally run and for me, the best customer service is the one I never have to call on. As far as performance goes, all I can go off of is what I have on my 2 JK's now. Nothing out there comes even close to the performance of the EVO DTD. If there were, I guarantee you, I'd be running it.

JTCO

Meme King
And I'm not doubting you at all or trying to come off as a ass hat but just so I know and for curiosity what's evos warranty on their products? Who knows I may go Evo on the JL?

Not sure of their warranty, but the best warranty is one that you don't have to use. Research Evo broken parts and I don't know that you'll find many. US made and quality designed. Those are the parts that I'd want on my Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And I'm not doubting you at all or trying to come off as a ass hat but just so I know and for curiosity what's evos warranty on their products? Who knows I may go Evo on the JL?

If you can actually break it, I'd be hard pressed to believe they wouldn't replace it.

I should note, there are other good companies out there too. In fact, EVO uses things like Johnny Joints in their control arms and of course, they're made by Currie. In spite of what some seem to think, Rancho makes great suspension products too and they're all made in the USA. If there's something specific you're needing, I could probably recommend other companies too.

Was just on EVO's website and looks like they just released a 2.5" Enforcer suspension. With coils and paired with EVO spec king shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Hell yes! The Stage 4 with shocks is priced right at the top end of my planned budget too.... Lol, now I just need to get the JL to go with it [emoji38] ... I'm going to get myself in trouble, probably sooner rather than later