Will the JL Wrangler be Your First Jeep?

Megsxr750

This will be my first Wrangler and I can't wait. I took a JLUR for a test drive today and it was awesome, even got 2 Jeep waves. I thought about buying a truck originally, then an suv and decided to go with the Wrangler. I feel you just don't get that fun factor that you do with a wrangler, fun in the summer(top down doors off) and fun in the winter(snow here in Iowa). I am holding out for Sting Gray, hopefully not too much longer.

mac214

Will be the 4th for me. Looking to get into a Firecracker Red JLUR after we get settled in the PNW.

1x XJ
2xTJ

Looking forward to another Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bolig4x4

Nope had a 86 CJ7 and wife had a 98 TJ. When we found out we were gonna be parents we sold our toys. She got a more practical mom car and I kept my truck but sold the CJ7 for added cash. Well the daughter is now 11 and it’s time to get back behind the wheel of a Jeep. I would have bought one sooner but have not been impressed with the engines since the 4.0 went away. Wife has the grand Cherokee eco diesel and was holding out for that in the jl but after the emission problems we had with the diesel I decided to drive a new jl with the eight speed auto and was very impressed. So I ordered a jlu rubicon :wings:

JLDan

Although I now live in Maryland with my wife and daughter, we grew up in Scottsdale AZ and jeeps have always been a part of our family. We’ve owned 4 jeeps. A CJ5, CJ7, And two TJs. We will miss the rock crawling and all the trails in the southwest, but are looking forward to our east cost JL!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Speshll K

The JL will be my fourth, I really wanted a wrangler back in 1994 but we ended up buying a grand Cherokee instead. I loved that ZJ, cut my teeth to wheeling in it. I owned it 18 years and it was on 31s with a 3.5" lift when I sold it. I finally ended up with a JKU in 2012 when they put the 3.6 pentastar in it. I love the JK but now that the JL has come out with much of the creature comforts I miss not having in my JK I caught the JL bug. I will be waiting on the eco diesel to come available before I place an order though.

wantin-a-jl

The JL will be my third. Currently have a 2013 JK 2 dr that my daughter now drives and a 2015 JKU. Still undecided on color for the JL but the Ocean Blue pics look pretty sweet and the Sting Gray could be an option too.

cliff538

First Jeep.
Was drawn to the JL over the JK just due to the improvements. Also, slightly nervous about it having so many changes... wanted to wait a year, but I just can't.
Driving a '08 Jeep Commander and Sprinter cargo van (camper van) right now.

Have always wanted a Jeep and finally get to pull the trigger.... thank you stock market! :D

Walter

So, I was just wondering, for those of you who've got a JL Wrangler on order or are planning to get one, will this be your first Jeep? If so, was there something specific about the JL that drew you to it over a JK?
I grew up trailing with my older brother in his 1948 CJ-2A back in the 1980's. I had driven my cousins 2016 JKU Sport for 2 months in 2017. I signed on a lease for a new 2017 JKUR in September. I talked to my dealership in late December asking about getting out of the JKUR lease and into a loaded JLUR purchase. They were happy to oblige. So yes, this is my first Jeep.

The features, over all, was what got me to take the plunge. Specifically?... hmmm

1. Easy windshield down. JK doesn't compare.

2. Under body armor. Yes, please! I liked the JK Recon's armor.

3. I'm a traditionalist loving the history of the Jeep brand, so the Easter eggs are kindova big deal.

4. Visibility. Larger windows and fewer obstructions (hard-top rear window wiper and back seat head rests.

5. Door hinge pins of differing length and under-arm-rest grips. Door removal made SO much easier.

Those are my top 5. I'm not a crawler and don't have much desire to make a lot of undercarriage mods (although I thoroughly enjoy (and respect) the Wayalife videos... I just wanna explore this awesome country Mark Smith Overland style with my wife and three kids. [emoji12] 45e4eec32ce5d84a4acde4a0a82e41d1--willys-mb-jeep-jeep.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I grew up trailing with my older brother in his 1948 CJ-2A back in the 1980's. I had driven my cousins 2016 JKU Sport for 2 months in 2017. I signed on a lease for a new 2017 JKUR in September. I talked to my dealership in late December asking about getting out of the JKUR lease and into a loaded JLUR purchase. They were happy to oblige. So yes, this is my first Jeep.

The features, over all, was what got me to take the plunge. Specifically?... hmmm

1. Easy windshield down. JK doesn't compare.

2. Under body armor. Yes, please! I liked the JK Recon's armor.

3. I'm a traditionalist loving the history of the Jeep brand, so the Easter eggs are kindova big deal.

4. Visibility. Larger windows and fewer obstructions (hard-top rear window wiper and back seat head rests.

5. Door hinge pins of differing length and under-arm-rest grips. Door removal made SO much easier.

Those are my top 5. I'm not a crawler and don't have much desire to make a lot of undercarriage mods (although I thoroughly enjoy (and respect) the Wayalife videos... I just wanna explore this awesome country Mark Smith Overland style with my wife and three kids. [emoji12] View attachment 1239

I would give my first and second born for that rig.

Walter

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Lol! My bro is still driving it! It's really cool. It's headlights roll backwards in their sockets to point into the engine compartment for working on the engine in the dark. Jeep is the quintessential outside-of-the-box (but still a wheeled box) design!!! [emoji14]

I meant the one in the picture you posted. I would just pay for the 2A. Lol

Ridge_Runner

This will be our first jeep. We will be making the purchase by the end of the year. We decided on an Ocean Blue Rubicon loaded. We have gone back and forth about it, and then we finally agreed, so I let my wife pick the color and she wants it loaded. lol. She has been showing me the mods she wants me to do. LOL. I cant wait for the end of the year so we can place the order. :)

BJL

This will be my First Jeep and excited to join the family! :wings: Saw the Super Bowl ad and that got me started plus my wife saying she has always wanted a Jeep. I wish she would have told me that 18 years ago! Eager to learn from you guys, and hopefully tag along on a trip sometime. Hope to pick up a JLRU in the next few days!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This will be my First Jeep and excited to join the family! :wings: Saw the Super Bowl ad and that got me started plus my wife saying she has always wanted a Jeep. I wish she would have told me that 18 years ago! Eager to learn from you guys, and hopefully tag along on a trip sometime. Hope to pick up a JLRU in the next few days!

Congrats to you and really, better late than never :thumb:

Bueller44

This new JLUR will be my second Jeep. I currently have a 2014 JKU Sahara in Hydro Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk