Skid Systems

Tdsullivan7

Any update on the HAUK Skids?

Every time I see that crossmember I get a good chuckle.

Sent via....

I have a manual tranny so I don't even have the front most cross member and brace....Looking to put a little protection in that space including the oil pan. Only see that MORE and HAUK make stand alone engine skids. Any feedback the HAUK engine skid?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a manual tranny so I don't even have the front most cross member and brace....Looking to put a little protection in that space including the oil pan. Only see that MORE and HAUK make stand alone engine skids. Any feedback the HAUK engine skid?

If they're anything like the ones they make for the JK, they'll bend easier than factory skids and be impossible to remove to service the underside of your Jeep once the bolts heads get jacked up.

Tdsullivan7

If they're anything like the ones they make for the JK, they'll bend easier than factory skids and be impossible to remove to service the underside of your Jeep once the bolts heads get jacked up.

I looked over (what i could find) and I am going to take a chance on the M.O.R.E brand oil/tranny skid....I will report back. I just don't feel comfortable with all that real estate (manual with no tranny cross member) unprotected. With my last JK at least I had the front cross member, which I bent and had to remove and straighten because it was making contact on me crossover pipe after slipping off an obsticle and landing on Volkswagen. It would have crinkled up my crossover pipe pretty good if I didn't have it. I am a fan of the stock skids too, but nothing makes me cringe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I looked over (what i could find) and I am going to take a chance on the M.O.R.E brand oil/tranny skid....I will report back. I just don't feel comfortable with all that real estate (manual with no tranny cross member) unprotected. With my last JK at least I had the front cross member, which I bent and had to remove and straighten because it was making contact on me crossover pipe after slipping off an obsticle and landing on Volkswagen. It would have crinkled up my crossover pipe pretty good if I didn't have it. I am a fan of the stock skids too, but nothing makes me cringe.

I don't know if I share the same concern as you but MORE is a good company and I've run their products on past Jeeps. I think they'd serve you well.

Tdsullivan7

I don't know if I share the same concern as you but MORE is a good company and I've run their products on past Jeeps. I think they'd serve you well.

Similar to wearing a cup....you hope you never need it, but it's comforting knowing it's there just in case you do. Nice to hear they are a good company, this is the first time ordering from them. Cheers.

Deezus

FYI, if you go Hauk make sure you get the 2nd Gen plates. Only reason I don't like the More plates is it doesn't cover the tranny lines.
Edit-At least from the pics I've seen if someone has it and can post a Pic that would be great.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TxJeepers

EVO might be announcing a Protek skid for the JL this week. I used the Protek skid system on my Jk and was happy with it.

Deezus

Similar to wearing a cup....you hope you never need it, but it's comforting knowing it's there just in case you do. Nice to hear they are a good company, this is the first time ordering from them. Cheers.
Hey can you post pics once you have it installed? That would be great.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They keep saying next week about their new part releases but I have a feeling a lot of the releases will be early next month. SEMA starts on 10/30. So there should be a lot of JL parts right around the corner.

This ^^^

A lot of manufacturers hold out on big releases until SEMA. Of course, you know that Cindy and I will be there all week covering the show :yup:

JAGS

This ^^^

A lot of manufacturers hold out on big releases until SEMA. Of course, you know that Cindy and I will be there all week covering the show :yup:

Looking forward to your coverage as always. Extra special interest this year as first time in a while I’m starting all over.

Deezus

I'm gonna hold out for the protek skid system. I like how the JK one was high and tight so very interested in seeing the JL one.