Lift?

NFRs2000NYC

:cheesy: Hard not to like the look of 37's, that's for sure. How about the Rock Krawler lift, was there something in particular that sold you on it or was it just a regional thing?

I know it's entirely subjective, but I'll take your opinion...how's the ride on the 13.50s vs the OEM Ko2? Is the stiffness of the E rated tire really noticeable? I realize it's not a bentley, but also don't want to feel like Im rolling on concrete tires...I know I can do 12.50s, but the looks of the 13.50s are just oh so nice...I fully admit buying for looks is kind of dumb, but I'll wear that hat if it isn't a big deal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know it's entirely subjective, but I'll take your opinion...how's the ride on the 13.50s vs the OEM Ko2? Is the stiffness of the E rated tire really noticeable? I realize it's not a bentley, but also don't want to feel like Im rolling on concrete tires...I know I can do 12.50s, but the looks of the 13.50s are just oh so nice...I fully admit buying for looks is kind of dumb, but I'll wear that hat if it isn't a big deal.

If you run both at the same PSI, you'll feel road noise - bumps, cracks, etc. with E rated tires. This can be mitigated simply by running a more reasonable lower PSI.

NFRs2000NYC

So say, with a 10psi lower pressure, in your opinion, you get a similar ride? I’ve never owned an e rated tire, but it seems that their reputation is, without enough weight on them, even at almost flat they are rock hard, but that could just be internet bs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So say, with a 10psi lower pressure, in your opinion, you get a similar ride? I’ve never owned an e rated tire, but it seems that their reputation is, without enough weight on them, even at almost flat they are rock hard, but that could just be internet bs

Every tire is different. Without question, even in a load range E, BFG's will tend to offer a softer ride at a higher psi. Something like a Toyo will offer a firmer ride unless you're running at something like 26 psi. The idea that load range E tires would feel "rock hard" almost flat is just stupid and you just can't fix stupid.