help me install a Warn Zeon 10s winch?

JTCO

Meme King
He means the cable into the winch. It’s like threading a needle. Sometimes it goes quickly other times you have a hole in your shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah.. it sucks. They provide a small zip tie for you to try and use to feed the line through the drum. Good luck with that.. if you don't punch yourself in face you did better than me. I ended up using the ground wire from some 12-2 and pulled it through. Much easier

I have no idea what that means, but I assume it can be a little frustrating? :eek:

Warn actually recommends using steel wire now vs the zip tie, lol. When it first came out, it was a pain in the ass. Pulling the rope through the passage in the drum seems near impossible. They actually recommended water-based lubricant in one of their earlier videos.

Last edited:

JAGS

When I installed mine, I used twine and then doubled or even tripled it up. I did use the supplied zip tie to help thread the twine through. Then pulled the fuck out of the twine.

texasbryan

It's frustrating that I have a ZEON 10S coming but no winch plate to mount it to as of yet. I was hoping a company that I trust will have something available soon but I might test out a different bumper first. We'll see.

What is your thought on the Mopar mount? I see it listed for sale online but not sure if it's actually shipping or not. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What is your thought on the Mopar mount? I see it listed for sale online but not sure if it's actually shipping or not. Thanks!

At the moment, it's vaporware. I'd have one on my JL now if it were actually available. Don't see that happening anytime soon though.

Landshark

Warn Winch

Thank you for the install video! I will be referring to it when I install my winch. I have a Warn 8s with remote, so assuming it will be about the same. I am also waiting on the mounting plate!

UPDATE: Recieved my winch plate today so I will be installing the winch this weekend!! WOOHOO!!!

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Anyone have any issues with mounting dimensions being off on a warn winch? I am trying to mount a Zeon 12 Platinum and the length mounting dimension is ~1/4" too long.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

From Warn's website. They're all 10x4.5 inches at the mounting location. I own an 8 and a 10. I know several people with the same winches and no issues that I know of. Are you measuring the dimensions on the winch itself or on the mounting plate?

IMG_20181215_082345_159.jpg

IMG_20181215_082358_481.jpg