Hello from Orange County

Cruuzer

FA900AA5-327C-44DC-B72D-5A7947643CBE.jpg

FA900AA5-327C-44DC-B72D-5A7947643CBE.jpgJust took delivery of my JLUR today

I was on the way of life forum at Nic Try, i sold my 2015 Evo built Hard rock on 37’s and this will be the new project

Love the info here

Cruuzer

Thanks,

I am thinking the 2” mopar lift with 35’s until the Evo lift with kings (prefer coilovers) is ready.

Love this version of the wrangler, this will be my 27th jeep (i started with a ‘49 CJ2A at 15)

Can’t wait to get started...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks,

I am thinking the 2” mopar lift with 35’s until the Evo lift with kings (prefer coilovers) is ready.

Love this version of the wrangler, this will be my 27th jeep (i started with a ‘49 CJ2A at 15)

Well damn, and here I thought I've had a lot of Jeeps! :crazyeyes:

I think you'll be happy with the Mopar kit and 35's and that's probably a great way to start.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Thanks,

That's an impressive amount of jeeps!

Cruuzer

Well damn, and here I thought I've had a lot of Jeeps! :crazyeyes:

I think you'll be happy with the Mopar kit and 35's and that's probably a great way to start.

Lol, 12 of them have been Grand cherokees- ive owned a few versions of each generation- i just sold my 15 eco diesel GC for a ‘17 toyota landcruiser (to get the 3rd row seat) and put kings with 33” K02’s on it. This JL will be my 4th 4 door wrangler-

Some people has said to be wary of the Mopar 2” kit, is there any reason to be? Ive heard chatter of spring bowing (but ive know that to be somewhat normal)?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, 12 of them have been Grand cherokees- ive owned a few versions of each generation- i just sold my 15 eco diesel GC for a ‘17 toyota landcruiser (to get the 3rd row seat) and put kings with 33” K02’s on it. This JL will be my 4th 4 door wrangler-

Some people has said to be wary of the Mopar 2” kit, is there any reason to be? Ive heard chatter of spring bowing (but ive know that to be somewhat normal)?

The "chatter" you've been hearing is just that, chatter and from a bunch of noobs that have never owned a Jeep before. This is typical whenever a new model is released. As you seem to be aware, soft coils will bow but that's totally normal. The ride quality of the Mopar kit is great and it's because of their soft coils.

ocrejects

Welcome to JL Wrangler Forum... beautiful JL ya got there!!

Laura Rose from PA

Welcome to JL Wrangler! I believe you said you were from orange county California, me too... just took delivery of my JLUR Last Saturday and pretty much completed everything and today’s take a look and let me know what you think is the Mopar 2” lift with 315/70/17, same as the 35 except 3/4” difference in the width

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cruuzer

I am over in the Villa Park-orange area

That looks great, i can tell the lift hasn’t “settled yet”- but it appears to have tons of clearance!

Questions: did you run wheel spacers on the factory wheels? Dis you put a 315 spare on the back with no reinforcement kit?

Love the white- my last 2 4doors have been white, i almost did it agin, until the silver with black roof became available and i jumped on it...

Cruuzer

The "chatter" you've been hearing is just that, chatter and from a bunch of noobs that have never owned a Jeep before. This is typical whenever a new model is released. As you seem to be aware, soft coils will bow but that's totally normal. The ride quality of the Mopar kit is great and it's because of their soft coils.

Thank you for the feedback Eddie, thats what i thought. Before i did the EVO kit on my old JK, i had the Mopar 4” kit (made by terra flex) with the speed bumps (they didn’t work that well). The kit rode horrible, but it was really the springs that caused that. They also sagged horribly in the front!

But this time around, i understand that Mopar didn’t use TF, so they did a lot more development on the 2” kit- so i have one on the way. The plan is to install Friday and run up to the big bear jeep jamboree to break her in.

Questions: do i need to reinforce anything to run a 315 tire on the tailgate? I didn’t think that may be too needed, but I don’t want issues if there in advice you can share?

Also, do you think i need wheel spacers. Eye balling the clearance, it looks like i can squeak by, but I don’t want rub....

Your thoughts are very welcome!:beer:

ocrejects

Hi, little late to the party. However I did not run any spacers and I put the 315 7017 on the back with no reinforcement and I’ve been off-roading several times and works perfect no issues whatsoever