Evo Long arm & skid plates

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Evo Long arm & skid plates

Right. My math skills are insufficient to come up with a formula for this, especially since the triangle in question isn't quite a right triangle. One could work it out numerically but I don't know the lengths of the other two sides. Just guessing, I would say that if you add 1" of lift you'll have to lengthen the LCAs by about 1/2". That sounds like it's probably within your range of adjustment but maybe just barely?

Of course as you know, for such a large lift you'll also have to adjust the upper arms to get the driveshaft pinion angles back within spec. And that will change how much the LCAs have to adjust.

IIRC, the EVO 2.5" lift comes with instructions about how long to make each arm. Maybe Mel will do the math and publish a chart saying exactly how long each arm should be for any given lift :)

You don’t have to get out your slide rule. Buy an angle finder and adjust until your caster is correct. I’d be willing to bet there’s enough adjustment. When you are speaking to Wayoflife about this, you should know that he’s done this type of thing many times, hands on.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Right. My math skills are insufficient to come up with a formula for this, especially since the triangle in question isn't quite a right triangle. One could work it out numerically but I don't know the lengths of the other two sides. Just guessing, I would say that if you add 1" of lift you'll have to lengthen the LCAs by about 1/2". That sounds like it's probably within your range of adjustment but maybe just barely?

Of course as you know, for such a large lift you'll also have to adjust the upper arms to get the driveshaft pinion angles back within spec. And that will change how much the LCAs have to adjust.

IIRC, the EVO 2.5" lift comes with instructions about how long to make each arm. Maybe Mel will do the math and publish a chart saying exactly how long each arm should be for any given lift :)

Your math is not right. Along with many other things you post.

JTCO

Meme King

You're over-thinking this. Slap the angle finder on the axle and adjust the arm as necessary. There will always be trial and error. I have never adjusted caster on any Jeep and got it right the first time.

13_gecko_rubi

You're over-thinking this. Slap the angle finder on the axle and adjust the arm as necessary. There will always be trial and error. I have never adjusted caster on any Jeep and got it right the first time.
I gotta say the double adjusters build in are nice to do it on the jeep. But those bastards also love to sieze up from rust up here in the north even with gobs of antisieze.

Sent via....

BillArnett

Your math is not right. Along with many other things you post.

What part of my math is not right? I don't actually see any math in the above.

Most of what you post is of little value. I at least try to be helpful. You seem to be more interested in trolling.

BillArnett

You're probably right :) Mostly , I was just interested to know of the EVO arms that come with the 2.5" kit the Eddie has have sufficient adjustment range for a 3.5" lift.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
What part of my math is not right? I don't actually see any math in the above.

Most of what you post is of little value. I at least try to be helpful. You seem to be more interested in trolling.

Nothing you post is helpful. You try to show people how smart you are because you are a basement engineer when actually you aren’t. Continue to act like you know what you’re saying.

Deezus

You're probably right :) Mostly , I was just interested to know of the EVO arms that come with the 2.5" kit the Eddie has have sufficient adjustment range for a 3.5" lift.
Probably the only difference between the short arm kits are the springs.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

BillArnett

Nothing you post is helpful. You try to show people how smart you are because you are a basement engineer when actually you aren’t. Continue to act like you know what you’re saying.

I’m not sure what a basement engineer is. I definitely am a (software) engineer. But I don’t have a basement.

It’s obvious that I’m smarter than you. But that’s easy and of course you’re too stupid to figure that out. It would be nice if you would just stick to what you know and stop with the personal insults. If you want to have a pissing contest I’m not interested.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I’m not sure what a basement engineer is. I definitely am a (software) engineer. But I don’t have a basement.

It’s obvious that I’m smarter than you. But that’s easy and of course you’re too stupid to figure that out. It would be nice if you would just stick to what you know and stop with the personal insults. If you want to have a pissing contest I’m not interested.

Yeah it’s obvious. :crazyeyes:

An engineer**