dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I love the look of the no rear bumper. I'm curious about the benefits, bedsides looking awesome? I can see the need for removing the factory steel bumper but I'm wondering about other reasons for removing the factory plastic bumper and any downside to running no rear?

Well I guess there's the usual weight savings compared to a steel bumper as well as a better departure angle, but also I really like the looks of the JL sans rear bumper. If you think the factory steel bumper warrants removal, then you should see the factory plastic bumper. It's really a bumper in name only. I think it would be toast the first time you came down on it anyways. I have recently acquired a pretty sweet stinger that I'll be running. ;)

Looks awesome. It’s crazy how good the JLs look sans rear bumper.

MosDef!

Last edited:

Onlyone

If it helps....

I relocated my trailer plug up. No issues with heat either. Tucked up just nicely. You’ll see the bolt hole ino the rear crossmember. My plate relo wasn’t near as pretty as Eddies but it does the job. I removed the tag light from the bumper and re mounted it.

Attachments

• 7F6D1F87-A8D6-4C90-9653-E5069A119B72.jpg
    7F6D1F87-A8D6-4C90-9653-E5069A119B72.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 43C10062-F171-4DC1-BAA6-6352F316607F.jpg
    43C10062-F171-4DC1-BAA6-6352F316607F.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 6BCD4D10-00E2-4253-87D8-1AB2C702F986.jpg
    6BCD4D10-00E2-4253-87D8-1AB2C702F986.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 231

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Besides broken windshields, decent sized rock chips are pretty common around here. Paint code for Mojito! is PGE. Same paint code was also used on 2011 Challengers and was called Green With Envy. When I went to my local Jeep dealership to order some touch up paint, they told me that PGE is discontinued, and that they would be unable to help me. I walked next door to the local Dodge dealership, and although they did confirm that it was discontinued, they were able to search a database and found leftover Challenger PGE touch-ups located at Dodge dealerships in Indiana and in Illinois. I contacted both out-of-state dealerships, and they were both happy to ship them to me on the cheap.

20180808_141808-1280x960.jpg

20180808_142026-1280x960.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
What's your take on coil overs and what make?

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

Although noisier and more complicated than a conventional coil and shock setup, quality coilovers should allow for increased travel while maintaining LCG. I love to fiddle and look forward to the adjustability that coilovers offer.

I was finally ready to spend money on coilovers and axles for my JK when this thread and video were released:

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?930-VIDEO-JL-JOURNAL-NEW-EVO-JL-Wrangler-Coilovers-Long-Arms-amp-More-Moab-EJS-2018

Ultimately, that is what pushed me over the edge. My JK is gone, my JL is here and I am patiently waiting.

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Although noisier and more complicated than a conventional coil and shock setup, quality coilovers should allow for increased travel while maintaining LCG. I love to fiddle and look forward to the adjustability that coilovers offer.

I was finally ready to spend money on coilovers and axles for my JK when this thread and video were released:

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?930-VIDEO-JL-JOURNAL-NEW-EVO-JL-Wrangler-Coilovers-Long-Arms-amp-More-Moab-EJS-2018

Ultimately, that is what pushed me over the edge. My JK is gone, my JL is here and I am patiently waiting.

I’m trying to wait patiently for the coilovers. I hope they will work with my current adjustable control arms for a while until I can get long arms.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL5009

I like that setup too and just waiting to see more feedback from users.

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

13_gecko_rubi

I’m trying to wait patiently for the coilovers. I hope they will work with my current adjustable control arms for a while until I can get long arms.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
With as much travel as he got out of the coilovers in the JL you are gonna want long arms or run limit straps to control the droop. At 15" of travel and full droop on short arms you are going to get a lot of front/rear swing. The rear I bet axle is into fuel tank at 15" with short arms and front will be close to getting into rear of fender opening. Again u can run them you just may need to run limit straps to reduce total droop. Just my guess

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
That's looking good. I had no idea the Mojito! color was the same as Green With Envy. Good info for touch up paint.

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Besides broken windshields, decent sized rock chips are pretty common around here. Paint code for Mojito! is PGE. Same paint code was also used on 2011 Challengers and was called Green With Envy. When I went to my local Jeep dealership to order some touch up paint, they told me that PGE is discontinued, and that they would be unable to help me. I walked next door to the local Dodge dealership, and although they did confirm that it was discontinued, they were able to search a database and found leftover Challenger PGE touch-ups located at Dodge dealerships in Indiana and in Illinois. I contacted both out-of-state dealerships, and they were both happy to ship them to me on the cheap.

You got love it when a business goess above and beyond to help out a customer. Thanks for sharing!