Build and adventure thread of "Big Red"

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
If you're going to run 37x13.5r17s with no lift, don't plan on turning very often. Sharp 90°s to the right will be difficult for sure, and u-turns will definitely be out of the question. Long sweeping left's... No problem.

benatc1

If you're going to run 37x13.5r17s with no lift, don't plan on turning very often. Sharp 90°s to the right will be difficult for sure, and u-turns will definitely be out of the question. Long sweeping left's... No problem.
I was thinking I'd be ok with turning with the spacers, or at least mostly ok. Effectively 4.3 backspacing. My biggest worry was bumps and any flexing, but wont be do anything off road till the lift..have you done this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I'm running with a 3.5" backspace. Maybe yours will stay tucked in enough? I can tell you that I thought that I was going to rip the rear fender flare when I drove over a rut at slow speed.

benatc1

I'm running with a 3.5" backspace. Maybe yours will stay tucked in enough? I can tell you that I thought that I was going to rip the rear fender flare when I drove over a rut at slow speed.
Thanks for the insight, I just looked thru your build thread and see what you mean. Now I'm not overly confident itll work so maybe I'll hold on the tires until I do the lift.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Also, I had very good results using this hard cover when I had a recessed winch on my JKUR. It comes in solid and slotted. I used the solid.

172205-add1-lg-468x228.jpg

10389.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
It helps to protect the line from road debris, UV, bed bugs, chewing gum, boogers, cigarette butts, Etc. You definitely have to remove it to use the winch. It snaps into place very firmly.