“Light weight” Axle components...

So just wanted to throw by you gys to see what you thought. I’ve had a steering
Wobble in stock form in my JL rubi and wanted the dealership to sort out prior to modding. They put on a new design mopar steering stabilizer and it seems to work. In the past i thought that you should be able to run without a stabilzer if geometry is correct and all components are good. Ive had g2 44’s on a JK and that stuff was super beefy and the knuckles alone felt like the weighed 60lbs a piece. My question is. Since jeep lightened everything up on this new axles, i bet the knuckles weigh half that. Couple that with very light weight of wheel and tire combo and sub 5 caster , hollow tie rod, i think that yes due to lack of mass, a stabilizer can make more of a difference and be needed to attenuate vibes on this particular axle set up... what you guys think about this theory?

13_gecko_rubi

Over been running mine with no stabilizer for over a month and 2k miles now. I am set to 7 deg caster and running all aftermarket steering parts.

Sent via....

Over been running mine with no stabilizer for over a month and 2k miles now. I am set to 7 deg caster and running all aftermarket steering parts.

Sent via....

In your estimation , how much flex did you see in stock track bar, drag , and tierod ? My G2 had pre loaded caster on it too so i ran 7 on my JK and it loved it... i assume yr not running a ss for clearance reasons?

13_gecko_rubi

In your estimation , how much flex did you see in stock track bar, drag , and tierod ? My G2 had pre loaded caster on it too so i ran 7 on my JK and it loved it... i assume yr not running a ss for clearance reasons?
I left it off just to see how it feels without it after swapping everything. I'll throw one back on after we thaw the f out lol

Sent via....