Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 3.6 or Turbo

3.6 & 8 speed

My new JL is the 4th new Wrangler I have owned. This Jeep has the 3.6L with the 8 speed transmission. As far as I'm concerned this is a perfect match. I'm just back from a 5600 mile trip to Southwest Texas where we drove several hundred miles of Jeep roads. I could not be more pleased with the on-road and off-road performance. Our fuel mileage for the trip from NH to Texas and back was a low of 22+ and a high of 24+ with the average in the mid 23+ MPG. I drove mostly Interstate or equivalent roads so my speeds were 65 to 75, with 80 MPH in parts of Texas. Can the 2L do much better than this?

Happy JL Wrangler, Sierra owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I have the 2.0T Sport. It really is the only choice for me. Since I already have a Rubicon TJ. Really love the inline 2.0T. With Shell 93 octane this is what I'm getting. I've never had a Jeep get even 20 mpg, so for me it's nice.Attachment 10871

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mine does. But you have to use cruise from 60 to 65. Giving more time for acceleration. Best mileage I have gotten was with Shell 93. I have stockish tires which really helps. Ko2 265/70/17.

2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler-Joe View Post
    My new JL is the 4th new Wrangler I have owned. This Jeep has the 3.6L with the 8 speed transmission. As far as I'm concerned this is a perfect match. I'm just back from a 5600 mile trip to Southwest Texas where we drove several hundred miles of Jeep roads. I could not be more pleased with the on-road and off-road performance. Our fuel mileage for the trip from NH to Texas and back was a low of 22+ and a high of 24+ with the average in the mid 23+ MPG. I drove mostly Interstate or equivalent roads so my speeds were 65 to 75, with 80 MPH in parts of Texas. Can the 2L do much better than this?

It's interesting to see how many others who have had many Jeeps over the years. It's a good thing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch

3.6 or Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler-Joe View Post

I agree, the v6 3.6l and 8spd auto are a great match. Mine has plenty of power, itís smooth and to my surprise is getting mid 20ís mpg (and itís not my daily so I didnít buy it worried about mpgs).....
    2018 JLU Silver Sahara

Dam my JL only gives 15mpg,thatís with the 35ís and 2 inch Lift. Cool thing my Prius makes up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by josorzo73 View Post
    Dam my JL only gives 15mpg,thatís with the 35ís and 2 inch Lift. Cool thing my Prius makes up for it.

Your Jeep gives you that mileage because you make it park next to a Prius. You wouldnít be very happy either if someone made you sleep with an ugly chick every night.

2018 JLUR Sting Gray

You sound very smart. I donít know what to tell you.

After several beers, I just dropped into a Prius vs Jeep thread.... Yeah, no comparison. If anyone expected badass mpg from a jeep,they were lied to.

Fresh Catch

Took the wifeís Ď16 Cherokee in for an warranty oil change and decided to look at used JKUs. Have been driving a GMC Sierra Crew Cab Z71 the past 6 years and wanted back into a Jeep. Ended up driving several Ď16 JKUs then looked at a Ď19 Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo. Figured you only live once and brought the Sahara home. Glad I did! Just watch a few of the You Tube videos about dyno testing the 3.6 and the 2.0 - great numbers and they have the same towing rating, too.

Absolutely love the 2.0 - excellent gas mileage and performance. Sure, itís got an agricultural sound to it. But then so did all the earlier 4 and 6 cylinder Jeeps. I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty just in case. I can always go Hemi after the warranty is up or just trade it off for a Rubicon or Gladiator later.

Iíve tried both Premium and Unleaded and the 2.0 is happy either way. Considering that Iím getting 23+ mpg vs the 15 I got with the GMC and Iím a happy guy. Looking forward to seeing what upgrades for the 2.0 will be available. Iím good with giving this ďmild hybridĒ motor a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grooster View Post
    Took the wifeís Ď16 Cherokee in for an warranty oil change and decided to look at used JKUs. Have been driving a GMC Sierra Crew Cab Z71 the past 6 years and wanted back into a Jeep. Ended up driving several Ď16 JKUs then looked at a Ď19 Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo. Figured you only live once and brought the Sahara home. Glad I did! Just watch a few of the You Tube videos about dyno testing the 3.6 and the 2.0 - great numbers and they have the same towing rating, too.

Absolutely love the 2.0 - excellent gas mileage and performance. Sure, itís got an agricultural sound to it. But then so did all the earlier 4 and 6 cylinder Jeeps. I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty just in case. I can always go Hemi after the warranty is up or just trade it off for a Rubicon or Gladiator later.

Iíve tried both Premium and Unleaded and the 2.0 is happy either way. Considering that Iím getting 23+ mpg vs the 15 I got with the GMC and Iím a happy guy. Looking forward to seeing what upgrades for the 2.0 will be available. Iím good with giving this ďmild hybridĒ motor a chance.
    I agree. Hemi would be the way to go. These guys already have done it.
    https://youtu.be/3EwnJbLHgGs

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789