The OFFICIAL JL Wrangler ORDER STATUS Thread

NFRs2000NYC

If you guys want hassle free just joint Tread Lightly and use their affiliate code for 1% below invoice....just make sure you tell the dealer you have an FCA affiliate code, and not a tread lightly code, some dont want to take it if they hear tread lightly, mostly because they have no clue what you're talking about. Dealers get paid for using affiliate codes.

Last edited:

KS-Mike

Ordered my Rubi last Thursday, I owned a ‘78 CJ5 back in ‘81, so I’ll soon be back in the Jeep Nation. I have no idea when it will come in this spring, but I will be driving it back home to Kansas from DC, any tips (e.g. vary my speeds etc...)?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered my Rubi last Thursday, I owned a ‘78 CJ5 back in ‘81, so I’ll soon be back in the Jeep Nation. I have no idea when it will come in this spring, but I will be driving it back home to Kansas from DC, any tips (e.g. vary my speeds etc...)?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Congrats to you on getting a JL ordered up! I would think you should just drive it like you'd drive anything. I know a few companies including Dynatrac and EVO will be driving their JL from Michigan to SoCal too.

jolonghorn

I put a deposit down on a JLUR Friday at my local Houston dealer. I have a couple of questions:
1. Dealer indicated they would include this on their weekly order this coming Thursday. Does that sound normal?
2. What should I expect to hear regarding the build process and how can I track the status?
3. Any knowledgeable people have a guess on arrival date? The dealer “guessed” mid-to-late March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I put a deposit down on a JLUR Friday at my local Houston dealer. I have a couple of questions:
1. Dealer indicated they would include this on their weekly order this coming Thursday. Does that sound normal?
2. What should I expect to hear regarding the build process and how can I track the status?
3. Any knowledgeable people have a guess on arrival date? The dealer “guessed” mid-to-late March.

Congrats to you on pulling the trigger on a JLUR!

1. Sorry, never heard of that but then, I've always custom ordered my Jeeps in the past or bought something on a lot.
2. Your dealership should be able to provide you with some basic tracking info.
3. Hard to say. Guys I know who supposedly already have their JL's built still haven't been able to get theirs released. It's a new model and it may take a bit.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Congrats on the new JL!

My dad used to be a general sales manager for a Chevy dealer. He would do a weekly order based off of lot inventory as well as any custom orders that came in the door if he wasn’t able to do a dealer trade or have it on the lot. So what you were told about a weekly order sounds normal to me