Skid Systems

Deezus

Well I want skids and sliders. Not sure if I'm going coilovers this time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I liked the look of the step/sliders in the EVO pic but then watched the video Mel put out and he said they are body mount so I’ll stick to the ones on his JL.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah, no body mount for me either. I'm going to wait to see the finalized frame mount rock sliders. The only thing I'm not really sold on is the decorative insert (red step in the video). I've only seen them on the video, so it may just be that they were red. Either way I'm sure looking forward to more info, and hopefully seeing them in person before I order them.

JP223/3USA

Like you, I am not happy about the exposed cooler lines and hope to add protection for it sooner than later. As far as the factory gas tank skid goes, just because it gets a ding doesn't mean it failed or is even bad. I'm still running the factory skid on our 11 year old JK and while it may not look pretty, it's still doing a great job of protecting my fuel tank.

main.php

I should note that the JL factory skids are even stronger.

That gas tank skid plate looks like those individual sheets of jerky you get at gas stations. I agree, if it ain’t broke no need to change anything

Last edited:

Deezus

I am only interested in the engine/oil pan/ tranny lines skid. I definitely won't be upgrading my gas tank skid because to me the stock one is fine and actually the JLs is beefier than the JKs.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Please do post up another pic if you can. From the pic you've got posted, it sure does look like it hangs down quite a bit.

Tdsullivan7

Im not big on the fact that it encases the exhaust pipe inside of itself....will get things in that area MUCH hotter.

Clearly, skids aren’t for everyone. I tend to end up on old abandon logging roads etc. so I am looking for protection not only from rocks but also from sticks, stumps, sliding over downed trees etc. I have had a few times where I could’ve used a skid up front (jammed a stick into my transfer case seal and slid off an obstacle and bent tranny cross member on last JK) That being said, I am pleased with quality and fit. Just what I was looking for. First purchase from MORE and very happy.