ARB Hydraulic Jack?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I get that. But using the LCA mount will negate the leverage advantage mentioned above.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're referring to but please don't bother trying to explain.

I've always felt uneasy about using the differential pumpkin for fear of damaging it. But the diff is really pretty strong and if you have actually done that then I'll stop worrying.

I have no idea how you could come to the conclusion that the differential is weak or could somehow be damaged.

JAGS

Ive learned once again it is best NOT to put every thought in writing. That said. This thread is highly entertaining. Keep it going. [emoji23]

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I guess I’m not so smart after all :) I certainly get it about using blocks under the jack. All the times I’ve changed a tire on my Jeep has been with a Hi-Lift but I’ve never seen it done with a bottle jack. Where on the axle did you place the jack? Maybe if you put it close to the differential there will be sufficient lever action to increase the jack’s throw range? Or maybe when the tire is flat it’s still keeping the rim an inch or two above the ground? A combination of those might just be enough? Or maybe you have a much bigger jack than the ones I found on amazon?

I suppose I could just go try it with a bottle jack. But I just thought someone who has more experience with bottle jacks could explain it. This group is long on practical knowledge and short on theory :)

Of course, there are other uses for a very long throw jack like a Hi-Lift. Sometimes it’s awkward or impossible to get the jack under the axle and jacking on the bumper works better. In theory. I must admit I’ve never actually seen such a case myself.

No, you just want to try and reengineer the wheel on everything instead of just listening.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bottle jacks for the win. Cheap and work great! Never had an issue using one on the trail.

This arb looks nice but it’s just a super expensive high lift in my eyes.