• I'd be happy just getting a Pentastar or Hurricane

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Neither. I might just look at a different vehicle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While a diesel is supposed to be an option on the all new JL Wrangler, it wouldn't be the first time we've heard Jeep promise one and not deliver on it or at least, here in America. So, my question is, if a diesel isn't made available for the JL when it's finally released, will you hold out until one is or will you be happy enough with a Pentastar gas motor or the new turbo charged I4 Hurricane?

JeepFan

I would definitely be interested in a diesel version of the JL. As long as it didn't blow smoke or smell bad... [emoji6]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would definitely be interested in a diesel version of the JL. As long as it didn't blow smoke or smell bad... [emoji6]

:cheesy: Sounds like a day after bad Mexican food :D

But seriously, I would imagine that the blowing smoke wouldn't be an issue but smell is a lot harder to control. Diesels today are much better at that but, they're still diesels.

JeepFan

:cheesy: Sounds like a day after bad Mexican food :D

But seriously, I would imagine that the blowing smoke wouldn't be an issue but smell is a lot harder to control. Diesels today are much better at that but, they're still diesels.
Lol! Well we shall see. Hopefully the new DEF system will reduce the odor and smoke in the diesel version. I gotta believe Jeep has thought this through that idling diesels on the trail will get old quickly. I can dream, right?

JTCO

Meme King
I love diesels but they require meticulous maintenance and with increased government emissions requirements, they're much more sensitive. I would probably wait a little after they come out to make sure they aren't too shitty.

If its an already in use, proven diesel from the Jeep lineup, Id be all for it. Not sure I would wait years for it though. Id wait about a year tops to see if they are actually going to put a diesel in the Wrangler. Otherwise, Id honestly be perfectly happy with a Pentastar... with maybe a tiny bit more power lol!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If its an already in use, proven diesel from the Jeep lineup, Id be all for it. Not sure I would wait years for it though. Id wait about a year tops to see if they are actually going to put a diesel in the Wrangler. Otherwise, Id honestly be perfectly happy with a Pentastar... with maybe a tiny bit more power lol!

More power or at least a bit more torque is really why I'm wanting a diesel. If they can eek out more out of a Pentastar, I'd be happy with that too.

BlacknRedJK

More power or at least a bit more torque is really why I'm wanting a diesel. If they can eek out more out of a Pentastar, I'd be happy with that too.

While I would love to see more power out of the Pentastar I worry that it will prompt more issue with long term durability like we have already seen with many of the current motors failing to make more than 150,000 miles. I guess time will tell.

Roadless

I'll give it a year, since I don't like buying the first model year of a new design anyway.

Last edited:

JMac79

I would probably wait a year. The new Jeep is something that I would see having for years and either passing it to my kids. Would rather wait an extra year. 2 years would be pushing it. As long as it is an already proven diesel motor I would be all for it. If it's a new platform it could take a few years to work the bugs out, so I would probably pass.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app