Warning beep when key fob is left inside

breeze29

Vehicles with proximity key fobs alert you with beep of some sort when you exit the car with the key fob still inside. Our 2019 Wrangler JLR doesn't seem to do this by default. Is there a way to activate this feature. On more than one occasion, we've left the key inside and doors unlocked and the Jeep didn't warn us. Anyone out there know how can we activate this feature in our 2019 Sahara JLU? If it matters, we have remote start but don't have the proximity door locks.

JTCO

Meme King
Vehicles with proximity key fobs alert you with beep of some sort when you exit the car with the key fob still inside. Our 2019 Wrangler JLR doesn't seem to do this by default. Is there a way to activate this feature. On more than one occasion, we've left the key inside and doors unlocked and the Jeep didn't warn us. Anyone out there know how can we activate this feature in our 2019 Sahara JLU? If it matters, we have remote start but don't have the proximity door locks.

I keep my key in my pocket so I haven't experienced any issues. With that being said, if you leave your key in the vehicle and then you leave, how are you going to hear an alert if you're no longer near the jeep?

As others have mentioned though, if you leave the vehicle running and exit with the keyfob on your person, the jeep is quick to go apeshit. My wife hates it. If she's in the passenger seat wanting to stay in the jeep while I run into a store, the jeep beeps at her the whole time saying "key fob has left vehicle."

Dale72

Caught the Bug
I keep my key in my pocket so I haven't experienced any issues. With that being said, if you leave your key in the vehicle and then you leave, how are you going to hear an alert if you're no longer near the jeep?

As others have mentioned though, if you leave the vehicle running and exit with the keyfob on your person, the jeep is quick to go apeshit. My wife hates it. If she's in the passenger seat wanting to stay in the jeep while I run into a store, the jeep beeps at her the whole time saying "key fob has left vehicle."
Mine does it as soon as the key is outside the door if it's still running

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app