VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 1 - JL Wranglers on Gold Bar Rim & Golden Spike

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 1 - JL Wranglers on Gold Bar Rim & Golden Spike

More than just being the newest model Jeep, the best part about owning a JL Wrangler is the fact that its allowed us to start all over again. We get to install new lift kits, new wheels and tires and all kinds of new accessories but even better than that, we've been able to experience the thrill of wheeling a brand new Jeep, in a place like Moab and like it was our very first time. "MOAB : IT STARTS AGAIN" is a WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure that highlights the all new pilgrimage we made out to the promised land in JET Li, our lightly modified Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Along for the ride were our good friends Tony and Steph who came in their near identical JL Wrangler and Et and Michelle who came in their moderately modified JK Wrangler Unlimited. In this first episode of an ongoing series, you'll get to see us wheeling across the Gold Bar Rim and Golden Spike Trails and take on obstacles such as the Golden Crack, Golden Steps and Slide Rock. We hope you enjoy.

WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses Giveaway, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced when Part 2 is released. Thanks for watching and good luck to you! :cool:

20180416192156-72e0281a.jpg

Selected totally at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Oh man that looked like so much fun. The JLs looked great!

Congrats to you Chris! :thumb:

Daro

Cool video. Loved the scenery. Can't wait for my (wife's) new mojito JLUR to arrive. I'm glad that I didn't order the steel bumpers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video. Loved the scenery. Can't wait for my (wife's) new mojito JLUR to arrive. I'm glad that I didn't order the steel bumpers.

YES, be glad that you didn't get the steel bumpers. As far as mojito goes - oh so much want!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video! The JL’s are so capable out of the box. Surprised the factory bumper moved that much. Crazy.

Yeah, the rear bumper can shift in its mounting hole something like 1/2". Couple that with the fact that the stamped steel can warp and the body mounts move so much, you're just better off without it.

JAGS

Great vid. You are killing with the mods. Saving my pennies for what I think I’ll want. Looks like the first day/trails were a blast. Loved gold bar/spike when we did it a couple years back. JLs looked great out there!

Jeeeep

that was great! I never tire of the views around Moab.

When I buy a JL, I know now not to get the steel bumpers, that's a lot of movement on that rear bumper.

I'm still in awe of what the JL can do with minimal lift on 37's and still get good mileage!

While I like the 13.5 Coopers, I wish I'd gotten the 12.5. Didn't think 13.5 would make that big a difference but damn it's heavy and difficult to wrap your arms around it.

I've already had to pick up my nads up off the ground trying to get that spare in place :icon_crazy:

I really need to stop watching JL stuff... I'm too close to the edge on buying one lol

BillArnett

My wife and I both enjoyed Pt.1 and are looking forward to Pt 2 :)

And I’ll be sure to fix my bumpers before doing any serious wheeling.

Kevinr

Great vid. Really enjoying the adventure and the jeep way of life. Have to wait until the end of the year for theJL to arrive in oz.

JeepFan

You both really captured the Moab experience! Awesome video! Thank you very much for the fun and memorable trip! :thumb:

JeepFan

Oh man that looked like so much fun. The JLs looked great!

At one point Tony said the rear bumpers needed to go—did he have the same bumper flex?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Our rear bumper flexed in the same way Eddie's JL flexed and made contact with the body but only left a scuff mark in the paint. The rear bumper and brackets are very flimsy and IMHO, not worth the premium Jeep charges for them. :doh:

wibornz

First off, you vids are great. Nice editing and production work. My wife and I have been watching you since the JK Experience vids. Your adventures have inspired my wife Carla and I. We are buying a JL Rubicon and setting it up like yours. We will buy in the fall or early spring depending on how much traveling I end up doing. We follow your build and are adjusting our planned build based off your feedback on the JL. I was all set for a Red one, and the wife is really digging the white.

I may even start buying some of the upgrades before I purchase the Jeep. The factory steel bumpers are off the list now, and will have to start looking for bumpers. I am not crazy about the bar loops and want the winch to sit down inside the bumper instead of on top of the bumper.

We yearn to be gone from Michigan and be out West wheeling. Our goal is to drink fresh brewed coffee above the tree line at sunrise and to watch a sunset from the top of a mountian sipping a great whiskey. We will do this. The motorhome is paid for, the trailer is paid for, and each month, our down payment for the JL grows. Maybe one day we will see you on the trail and we will tip a bottle so I can thank you for the inspiration.

JTCO

Meme King
Awesome video. I've already started building my rear stinger. Not sure if I'll ever hit it, but peace of mind is worth it for me. And a video like this is tempting me more and more to stop at the dealer and spend money on a Jeep that I don't really need to.

BTW, How did the JK lose lockers? Air line or something?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved the video, good to know I can save the money on the steel bumper package. JLs seem very capable without much modification. Looking forward to part 2!

The JL Rubicons are stupid capable right out of the box and with just a little help, they seem to do just about anything. Love them!

Great vid. You are killing with the mods. Saving my pennies for what I think I’ll want. Looks like the first day/trails were a blast. Loved gold bar/spike when we did it a couple years back. JLs looked great out there!

LOL!! Well, at least you were smart enough not to get the steel bumpers so you saved a bit there :yup:

Always love these videos. Really thinking the white is the way to go for these JLz.

Thank you. We've always loved white for a Jeep :yup:

Nice video. Really want to get 37s on the JL soon. It’s too bad about the steel rear bumper. I was hoping to keep mine, but good to know it’s vulnerable.

The front bumper is still awesome, it's just the rear that's less than desirable.

Love the way your JL looks, I'm hoping to run 37s. But stock looks to be very capable too.

At the hands of a good driver, stock kicks ass. We have an episode where our friend Scott takes on just about everything the big Jeeps took on in one and kills it.