Track Bar General Maintenance

JeepBear

Sorry for the noob question but I've recently had front and rear Steer Smarts adjustable track bars installed and they recommend bolt checks and greasing every 3000 miles. The bolt checks should be easy enough for me to figure out I think but I don't know how to properly grease them. Any video suggestions or detailed steps you can give me would be much appreciated!

TIA!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the noob question but I've recently had front and rear Steer Smarts adjustable track bars installed and they recommend bolt checks and greasing every 3000 miles. The bolt checks should be easy enough for me to figure out I think but I don't know how to properly grease them. Any video suggestions or detailed steps you can give me would be much appreciated!

TIA!

If they recommend that you grease them, your tie rod ends should have zerk nipples on them that you can attach a grease gun to. If you're servicing them that often, a single pump will most likely be all that you need.

JeepBear

If they recommend that you grease them, your tie rod ends should have zerk nipples on them that you can attach a grease gun to. If you're servicing them that often, a single pump will most likely be all that you need.

Thank you for taking time to personally reply, Eddie. Always blows my mind you take time for this.

What about in the rear? I noticed they suggest the greasing maintenance in the installation instructions of the rear track bar but it wasn't in the installation instructions for the front one. Also, any suggested brands or is one just as good as another?