Top down

klv30907

IMG_8544.JPG

Finally after three weeks it’s a gorgeous day. Got to try out the new top. My husband, who was skeptical about buying it once again says, “yeah this is so much better”. The color keyed bars look great! The rear windows slide out perfect. We tried the safari top on the way to lunch and put it all the way back for the drive home. Loved it!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Did you realize you left your doors on?🤣 That is a sharp-looking Jeep. Color combo of red on tan sure is hard to beat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you realize you left your doors on?🤣 That is a sharp-looking Jeep. Color combo of red on tan sure is hard to beat.

I agree about the color combo. When the JK was first coming out, Jeep put out photos with this exact combination and I loved it. Unfortunately, once it went into production, it was only available with gray. Glad to see them doing it right on the JL :yup:

klv30907

Yeah, my husband hasn’t cleaned up his wood working project in my garage yet so the doors had nowhere to go. Plus I need to work on a mirror solution so if you have a good one let me know! I do love my tan and red though, way different from my black and black JK

Rubyone

I have a hard top and looking to purchase a soft top for the summer months. One question I have about the premium mopar top. Where do you store the rear and side windows when you put the top down? Also the rear frame pieces? Do they fit in the small storage bin in the rear? My dog loves to ride with the top off and not sure I have the room to store the windows and still allow the dog in the back. I really like the sarfari look also.

Sent from my VS501 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rubyone

I have a hard top and looking to purchase a soft top for the summer months. One question I have about the premium mopar top. Where do you store the rear and side windows when you put the top down? Also the rear frame pieces? Do they fit in the small storage bin in the rear? My dog loves to ride with the top off and not sure I have the room to store the windows and still allow the dog in the back. I really like the sarfari look also.

0730181937.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Unless you're wanting to take your top completely off while out and about, I would just leave the pieces and windows at home. Other wise, you can get felt lined bags made specifically to carry the soft top windows - the door surrounds, you'd just want to leave on.

RustyE

If you have a factory hard top, would the Freedom Panel bag fit the side windows? If so, you could buy an extra piece of felt and put the rear window as well. Just a thought.

Rusty

klv30907

I used to roll the back window in my JK but don’t want to roll the JL rear window because of the side retainers. I just leave it in my garage. I store the side windows in the back under towels and a cargo net. I like the idea of having all my windows just in case so I need to figure out a way to carry the rear window. I never take the top all the way off though. I love this new top, way easier by myself.

Rubyone

I used to roll the back window in my JK but don’t want to roll the JL rear window because of the side retainers. I just leave it in my garage. I store the side windows in the back under towels and a cargo net. I like the idea of having all my windows just in case so I need to figure out a way to carry the rear window. I never take the top all the way off though. I love this new top, way easier by myself.

Storing the windows in my garage defeats the purpose of having a top that can go with you in case of a storm. This does however answer my question about being able to take it with you on a road trip. Thanks!

YAHAHA

I put the side and back windows on the floor in the back seat leaving up onto the rear seat. Then I put the rear seat center at rest down on top of them to hold them from blowing away. If I need to use the back seat, all windows go in the back.

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app