Todays Jeep JL diesel experience, some good some bad.

bruce

My diesel now has 870 miles on it. 460 of those miles were driven today. At highway speeds of 70 to 80 the mileage ranged from 28.2 to 31.2. I was pleased. Before the drive I checked the diesel exhaust fluid. The "wheel" in the center display showed it about half full. I added a 2.5 gallon container and the "wheel" showed full. That was the last time I was able to access the "wheel" to show me the remaining fluid. It ain't there. I checked the owners manual. It does not reference diesel exhaust fluid anywhere except to say "for those vehicles equipped" there is a gauge. I will search online to determine the consumption rate but the disappearing display should show that. Dealership closed. Something here is definitely goofed up.

bruce

My diesel now has 870 miles on it. 460 of those miles were driven today. At highway speeds of 70 to 80 the mileage ranged from 28.2 to 31.2. I was pleased. Before the drive I checked the diesel exhaust fluid. The "wheel" in the center display showed it about half full. I added a 2.5 gallon container and the "wheel" showed full. That was the last time I was able to access the "wheel" to show me the remaining fluid. It ain't there. I checked the owners manual. It does not reference diesel exhaust fluid anywhere except to say "for those vehicles equipped" there is a gauge. I will search online to determine the consumption rate but the disappearing display should show that. Dealership closed. Something here is definitely goofed up.
Mystery solved. Guy on Jeep JL said to see if some fuses were loose. I found three. I guess this is typical after jeep riding on a transport for a thousand miles. Anyway, I'm good now.

Mystery solved. Guy on Jeep JL said to see if some fuses were loose. I found three. I guess this is typical after jeep riding on a transport for a thousand miles. Anyway, I'm good now.
Shouldn't be typical. What is going to happen if you go off road...whole vehicle craps out? It is just pore QC.

bruce

True enough. The guy on the JL Forum said he was ready to sell his Rubicon back to Jeep. He'd been off-roading and all the lights on dash came on. Spooked him. He later read a post about the fuses and found 6 or 7 that were loose.