RUGGED RIDGE JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Fender Chop DRL

klastinger

Got mine installed without taking the fenders off. Turn signals are working, but n DRL’s. They don’t provide any wiring instructions. IMG_4413.jpgIMG_4414.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

klastinger

All working correct now. Thanks to great wiring instructions from a fellow forum member who figured it out. I love the product and the look. Instruction leave a lot to be desired.

I did not have to remove the fenders, which certainly makes it easier. Mine came with partial instructions. Install instructions, but no wiring instructions.

IMG_4455.jpgIMG_4414.jpgIMG_4413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

RobBunch

I installed mine today, have the oem led drls and im getting a "blinker out" message. I thought they were totally plug and play for jl's with factory leds. Please help a brother out......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Should be. I wonder if you got one of their original test lights by mistake. Mine did not have any problems.

RobBunch

No, these were not a single plug like the original video yall did. They have an inline relay. I was tempted to unplug the relay and go that route but I left it inline.

Should be. I wonder if you got one of their original test lights by mistake. Mine did not have any

jetpuck73

Issue resolved. I just switched the wiring in the RR harness. The white wire in the RR harness I had connected to the red for the fender light was for markers in the oem connector. I just switched the connection to the red/green splice, which is for drl and park lights in the oem connector. Everything functions correct now. Drl’s work and come on/off as selected in uconnect. Was super easy to figure out, being I’m a tech, but I still haven’t heard back from RR in over a week. Love the kit but disappointed in RR for no tech support to answer an easy simple question I had regarding rubicon oem wiring

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Do you have a picture of the wiring? I am having issues. Thanks