Motor Trend online review

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting read, thanks for posting this up! I too would love to know more about the 2.0L Hurricane Turbo from people who've tested it out. Hell, I wish I could have tested it out before committing to buying a new JL. Although, I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the Pentastar.

I do believe they are the first to publish an official base price of $28,190-$31,690

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Good read, there. Usually car magazine guys compare everything to a BMW 3 series. It’s nice to see they knew the readers were more concerned about off road capabilities, than a less than perfect on road ride. I’m intrigued by that 4 cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to admit that I was a bit bummed to have not ordered our JL Wrangler with a manual transmission but after reading how "the clutch take-up on the six-speed manual transmission is so vague even our officemates at JP and 4-Wheel and Off-Road were stalling," I'm kinda glad that we went with an automatic. For all its faults, I really liked the clutch feel on the old 6-speed and it worked really well for me off road. I've owned other manuals with clutches that felt like what they describe and man, that would make rock crawling that much more of a challenge.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have to admit that I was a bit bummed to have not ordered our JL Wrangler with a manual transmission but after reading how "the clutch take-up on the six-speed manual transmission is so vague even our officemates at JP and 4-Wheel and Off-Road were stalling," I'm kinda glad that we went with an automatic. For all its faults, I really liked the clutch feel on the old 6-speed and it worked really well for me off road. I've owned other manuals with clutches that felt like what they describe and man, that would make rock crawling that much more of a challenge.

I’ve said before, that I wish my JKU were a manual. If I were told I had won a contest, and had to pick a JLUR today, one with a manual, and the other with an automatic, I’d pick the automatic. I’d have to see what the 8 speed does for it. I’ve always felt the 2012+ automatic JK should have a gear or two more.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app