Mopar lift JL JLU Jeep Wrangler

SilverSurfer

I decided on the following lift kit setup:

1. Mopar 2" lift kit
2. Fox steering damper
3. Teraflex 2.5" to 3.5" front track bar relocation bracket.
4. Teraflex 2.5" to 3.5" rear track bar relocation bracket
5. Rock Krawler front coil spring correction pads

1. Mopar 2" lift kit
2. Fox steering damper

FYI you do not need to relocate track bar for Mopar lift. I have same lift with Synergy track bar. Drag link and track bar are parallel without bracket which is what you want to prevent bump steer.

SilverSurfer

1. Mopar 2" lift kit
2. Fox steering damper

I decided to ditch the track bar relocation brackets and rather get front and rear adjustable track bars. But, my JLR is right-hand drive so I am not sure if the adjustable track bars I can order from Quadratec or Morris4X4 would work for a right-hand drive JLR? Does anyone have experience with this and can give me some advice?

JP223/3USA

I decided to ditch the track bar relocation brackets and rather get front and rear adjustable track bars. But, my JLR is right-hand drive so I am not sure if the adjustable track bars I can order from Quadratec or Morris4X4 would work for a right-hand drive JLR? Does anyone have experience with this and can give me some advice?

All aftermarket rear trackbars will work because the bars are straight with vertical bends when installed. The fronts, I have no clue on who makes right hand drive track bars.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

gadgettr1

2020 JLUR Mopar lift

I had the dealer install the Mopar lift and do an alignment. I measured afterwards and found the lift gave my Rubicon about 2 1/2" of lift. My front axle was off 1/2" side to side (so really off an extra 1/4" to one side). They say you don't need trackbars for that, but I'm a bit OCD and once I knew I had to fix it lol. So I bought SteerSmarts Yeti XD trackbars (had to have the rear match the font... OCD thing again). So, the decision is yours. Those that say you don't need trackbars for 2-2 1/2" lift are correct (my Jeep ran perfectly straight before and after I installed the adjustable trackbars). But, so aren't those that say you need adjustable trackbars.... if you want your axles perfectly centered.

SilverSurfer

What is the ride like compared to stock?

1/4" to one side is not much, what is all the fuss about bowing front springs and must have adjustable track bars?

I had the dealer install the Mopar lift and do an alignment. I measured afterwards and found the lift gave my Rubicon about 2 1/2" of lift. My front axle was off 1/2" side to side (so really off an extra 1/4" to one side). They say you don't need trackbars for that, but I'm a bit OCD and once I knew I had to fix it lol. So I bought SteerSmarts Yeti XD trackbars (had to have the rear match the font... OCD thing again). So, the decision is yours. Those that say you don't need trackbars for 2-2 1/2" lift are correct (my Jeep ran perfectly straight before and after I installed the adjustable trackbars). But, so aren't those that say you need adjustable trackbars.... if you want your axles perfectly centered.

You are right. Mopar says you don't need adj track bars for this lift. However like you, I put adjustable on front and rear to get axles in line. Same with height, my Mopar lift yielded much closer to 3" than 2".

1/4" to one side is not much, what is all the fuss about bowing front springs and must have adjustable track bars?

Ride IS a little stiffer with the Mopar lift. I am sure other lift manuf. are all different. That being said, I am happy with it and probably won't go any higher. Springs will be fine without adj track bar. Having the axles be off bothered me and if I recall correctly, adding the adj track bars and correcting 'dog track' did help the drivability very slightly.

SilverSurfer

I can always add adjustable track bars later. I did a bit of research and the right hand drive track bars is exactly the same as the left hand drive. So, there are many options available. I like the Mopar lift as my Jeep is still under warranty and it was developed specifically for the JL models.

gadgettr1

The new Mopar lifts have new pads that correct the spring bowing. I guess the old lifts the springs would bow enough to touch the bump stops at times. My spring still has a very slight bow but does not come close to touching. I actually just had Teraflex correction pads and a set of 1/2" spacers installed to my front springs (to level out from the weight of my winch and other bumper accessories). The Teraflex correction pads add 1/4" in height also but the spring bowing is the same as the Mopar lift pad so if I was to do it again I would have just gotten a 3/4" spacer (was curious to see if they made a difference and they weren't too expensive, oh well). The slight bowing that is present would probably need adjustable control arms to perfect but not going that route as of now since everything is under warranty and works just fine.

I like the ride with the Mopar kit and the Fox shocks. I do run my 315/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers at 29 psi (load range E). I did a chalk test and that's where they run flat for my rig.

Storman

Has Mopar made an eco diesel version. I’m sure I read they did make an eco diesel version with heavier coils for the front. Anyone try it ?

Get2Wasque

Hello,

I am looking at the Mopar (Fox shocks) lift for a 2019 JLU sport. I have seen a ton of information that says this 2" lift is really 3-3.5". I want to keep the 33's but I don't want the "extra" space in the wheel well to look ridiculous. Is anyone running this lift with 33's on a JLU sport that can post pics? I am guessing it will look slightly taller than a stock Rubicon but pics would help me a bunch. Thanks

JTCO

Meme King
Hello,

I am looking at the Mopar (Fox shocks) lift for a 2019 JLU sport. I have seen a ton of information that says this 2" lift is really 3-3.5". I want to keep the 33's but I don't want the "extra" space in the wheel well to look ridiculous. Is anyone running this lift with 33's on a JLU sport that can post pics? I am guessing it will look slightly taller than a stock Rubicon but pics would help me a bunch. Thanks
I merged your thread here. Lots of info and pics. Also please see this thread: