JL Wrangler WIDER Axles

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just looked up the new rear axle specs for the 220 rear axle and it is a 8.66" ring gear. The current Rubicon D44 is a 8.9" ring gear. Think it matters?

Shouldn't matter with 35's. The people I've talked to assure me that in spite of it's smaller size, it is stronger than the 8.9" ring gear and should hold up fine with 37's. That being said, one of the biggest reasons to run something like a ProRock 60 is because it has a BIGGER ring and pinion and is therefore STRONGER. Either way, we plan on running 37's as soon as possible and will find out how well it holds up :eek: :crazyeyes:

RMC2

Son of ......
You guys are killing me. I can't afford a jk and a jl and I took a big hit going from my 09 to my 13 already.

Scoop315

Junk yard axle swaps, it’s not cheaper and people still do it [emoji23]

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

I’m having fun reading on Facebook about how all you need to do is weld the crap out of Dana30 with trusses and gussets and they’ll be good for hard wheeling on 37”.

jslamerman

I was afraid the axles might be a step backwards...smaller ring gear, aluminum knuckles (with the ball joint taper in the aluminum....ouch, just begging for trouble), and a g#d@mn CAD......just......WHY!?!?