JL TPMS vs JK TPMS

Nathanjensen6

Hey everyone! I’m just trying to get some info ahead of time. My plan is to order a JL unlimited Rubicon once sting gray and the ecodiesel becomes available. I’m planning on trading in my 2014 Jk Rubicon at that time. I would like to keep the atx slabs and 37 inch nitto trail grapplers from my JK and put them on the JL. And put the stock JL Rubicon wheels and tires on my JK when I traded it in. I’m just wondering if the tire pressure sensors will work on both JL and the Jk when I swap the wheels and tires or will I have to swap the sensors too?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Tank_Chris

Part #

Does anyone happen to have a part # for the JL TPMS sensors? I ordered myself a set of wheels/tires, and would like to have them assembled before my JL arrives.

Thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone happen to have a part # for the JL TPMS sensors? I ordered myself a set of wheels/tires, and would like to have them assembled before my JL arrives.

Thanks in advance

Good question! I've got wheels on order and would like to get TPMS sensors ahead of time too. Guess I need to be making a call or two :crazyeyes:

Tank_Chris

Please let us know when you find out. I'd make some calls, but it would be to local dealers that don't even know the JL exists :thinking:

13_gecko_rubi

Hey everyone! I’m just trying to get some info ahead of time. My plan is to order a JL unlimited Rubicon once sting gray and the ecodiesel becomes available. I’m planning on trading in my 2014 Jk Rubicon at that time. I would like to keep the atx slabs and 37 inch nitto trail grapplers from my JK and put them on the JL. And put the stock JL Rubicon wheels and tires on my JK when I traded it in. I’m just wondering if the tire pressure sensors will work on both JL and the Jk when I swap the wheels and tires or will I have to swap the sensors too?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Yes they will. Same sensors as your 14. You will likely need splined lug nuts, the 14mm lugs "should" fit your slabs but the JL lug nuts will be too big to fit a wrench in. The smaller splined lugs will fit.

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

Perfect, thank you :thumb:
Sure thing...

One other weird thing I noticed. On both Mel's and Code1 when we put the new tires on with TPMS the driver rear didn't read even after hundreds/thousands of miles. I know my JK did this once too. Mine took like 2 months to read. That tire is furthest from sensor so when new might not be able to register it. I told them both once the other 3 were reading good take that left rear and swap with right front then it will pick it up and it will see the one that moved to rear and all should be good. Should work but they both put different bigger tires without sensors on before they tried it lol. It's possible I got 2 bad sensors and both went on left rear but highly unlikely.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sure thing...

One other weird thing I noticed. On both Mel's and Code1 when we put the new tires on with TPMS the driver rear didn't read even after hundreds/thousands of miles. I know my JK did this once too. Mine took like 2 months to read. That tire is furthest from sensor so when new might not be able to register it. I told them both once the other 3 were reading good take that left rear and swap with right front then it will pick it up and it will see the one that moved to rear and all should be good. Should work but they both put different bigger tires without sensors on before they tried it lol. It's possible I got 2 bad sensors and both went on left rear but highly unlikely.

Sent via....

LOL!! Thanks for the heads up. Now I'll know what to expect. :thumb: