JL Steering Gear

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Mine came in 8 days. You must have a busy dealer. I was told they could only order one a week, which seemed odd to me. Glad I went early on Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea my dealer said 1 every 10 days.

They work closely with Quadratec since they are right down the road so I’m sure they took care of those guys first before everyone else [emoji19]

Jimc65

Just got the call dealer has all the parts bringing it there now , and they are supposed to do it tomorrow

klastinger

I advise going through jeep cares/FCA first. It made getting mine done on my jeep with 3000 miles really easy. They did exactly as the TSB stated for the dealer to do. I was very pleased with both. FCA customer service called the dealer before I took it in, and called me after it was done to follow up and ensure was I satisfied. [emoji4]

Jimc65

So I picked up my Jeep at the dealer yesterday after they changed the steering box. The guy at the counter (that I know) told me his outside alignment guy told him there is definitely something wrong in the rear as it is all over the road. My buddy took it for a drive and he told me it feels loose but he might be influenced by the alignment tech (that he does not like).Also the fact he has never driven a Jeep and he drives a BMW M235i. I told him I would take it for a good drive and recheck my lift install. So I drove it home and the steering is night and day. wow now that is more relaxing to drive. I feel nothing about going all over the road it drives like a 2 door Jeep and not like a BMW or any other car.
I love it so much more now. Its very much worth it to get the steering box changed.

So I picked up my Jeep at the dealer yesterday after they changed the steering box. The guy at the counter (that I know) told me his outside alignment guy told him there is definitely something wrong in the rear as it is all over the road. My buddy took it for a drive and he told me it feels loose but he might be influenced by the alignment tech (that he does not like).Also the fact he has never driven a Jeep and he drives a BMW M235i. I told him I would take it for a good drive and recheck my lift install. So I drove it home and the steering is night and day. wow now that is more relaxing to drive. I feel nothing about going all over the road it drives like a 2 door Jeep and not like a BMW or any other car.
I love it so much more now. Its very much worth it to get the steering box changed.

So glad it worked out for you! I’ve got about 1000 miles & one good trail trip on mine & it still feels great.

RanchoRubi

My dealer experience with this. Brought in my 2020 JL with 2” left and 35s for oil service. Told CSR had some wandering and want the steel box per theTSB. He inspected the lift and said OK and placed box order. 2 months out. Will get notified when comes in.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

klastinger

That is a long wait, unless they have you on a waiting list. I would contact jeep customer service. They were awesome to me, and contacted the dealership directly and made sure they were taking care of me. Followed up with me after the replacement to make sure I was happy.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I waited 3 months. Contacted Jeep care but they were not able to get one sooner for me. All they did was call my dealer and tell me what I already knew. I had to call and bug my dealer. I did finally get the new box installed on Tuesday. Huge difference