JL JOURNAL : LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders HOW TO INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely a great video as usual. Cuts, editing and sound design continue to evolve in a very positive way. Your videos have always had great production value, but with the changes I wonder... have you or Carson Cindy taken any recent classes in post-production/editing? Either way, keep up the good work. It's hard to believe it's only been what... 10 years since your first video?

Also, the three pieces of plywood made me nervous. I kept thinking of this guy... Lol.

Mostly because I know that if I don't come out bleeding and scraped, the project probably wasn't worth doing in the first place. In the end it seemed you paid your Penance with searing shrapnel.:crazyeyes:

LOL!! We're glad that you like the changes but no, we haven't taken any classes. After graduating from college, I swore we would never go to school again and even if we wanted to, who has time for that? We've just been playing around with some new ideas to have some fun.

As far as the 2x4's go, the worse that could of happened is the the rock slider would have fallen. No big deal and it didn't :cool:

Great video, as always! As everyone can see, LoD really packs their products well! Glad you got that part on film.

:cheesy: After unpacking the front bumper, we knew we had to include it in this one :D

BillArnett

Great video, as always! As everyone can see, LoD really packs their products well! Glad you got that part on film.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Too well, IMHO. I received my LoD rear bumper/tire carrier today. It took me at least an hour of messy work just to unpack it all. Someone here called it “hard rock mining”. I took that to heart and actually used a small shovel to get some of the foam out. And when I was all done one major part (the door plate) was missing. Or so I thought. It was actually buried beneath a big glob of foam that I had thought was just foam. I didn’t discover it until I was working to get all the foam out of the box so that it can be properly disposed of. Now I have two huge trash bags of foam pieces and a big pile of cardboard. I hope the garbage man will take pity on me and take it all away without a hassle.

I wish they would use some other kind of packing material!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Too well, IMHO. I received my LoD rear bumper/tire carrier today. It took me at least an hour of messy work just to unpack it all. Someone here called it “hard rock mining”. I took that to heart and actually used a small shovel to get some of the foam out. And when I was all done one major part (the door plate) was missing. Or so I thought. It was actually buried beneath a big glob of foam that I had thought was just foam. I didn’t discover it until I was working to get all the foam out of the box so that it can be properly disposed of. Now I have two huge trash bags of foam pieces and a big pile of cardboard. I hope the garbage man will take pity on me and take it all away without a hassle.

I wish they would use some other kind of packing material!

I’ve got no complaints. I’ve had other companies pack things poorly, and received them damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Four Flusher

My LOD sliders are on, mostly running out to have a friend drill the passenger side hole, because I watched your video:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_4602.jpg
    IMG_4602.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 92

BillArnett

I got mine on yesterday:

IMG_1938.jpg

Drilling that hole on the passenger side was a lot easier after I remembered that I have a 12" long 1/4" drill bit. That let me drill straight all the way thru; then I finished the hole on both sides with a step drill.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a pic of how they're holding up :cool:

20180915103905-d8434b6d-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A little Rubicon rash I see. [emoji6] I’m waiting out for their destroyer series. My understanding is the mounting is the same. So will be using the vid at some point. [emoji106]

Yup, they bolt up the same and this video should still be helpful to you :yup:

How much of a step do you have on top and are they slippery when wet? I am debating on these or the destoryer series. I have to take in consideration the shorter people in my family.

As mentioned, there's enough space for you to put your foot on and I have not found it to be slippery when wet. If in doubt, use the grab handle to help stabilize yourself.

CalSgt

Destroyer series

I installed the LOD Destroyer sliders today, your install video helped a lot. They are exactly the same install process...

Thanks for the tutorial!

Sliders.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered mine yesterday, 2 weeks out from shipping. I was also thinking about blacking out the pinch seam. What did you use and how is it holding up? I’ve thought about plasti-dip and vinyl.

I used black vinyl. 3M sells it in rolls like tape.