JL axle mounts vs JK.

Jesse_01

So I bought a JKU hoping it would be similar to the wife's JLU. I was wrong & don't like it. I have already built up one tons axles for a JK.

Anyone know how much difference the mounting is? I know the frame is a couple inches wider.

I was thinking about using them on a 2 door JL.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

So I bought a JKU hoping it would be similar to the wife's JLU. I was wrong & don't like it. I have already built up one tons axles for a JK.

Anyone know how much difference the mounting is? I know the frame is a couple inches wider.

I was thinking about using them on a 2 door JL.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
The frame isn't a couple inches wider...

On front the JK and JL mounting points are very similar. Within mm of each other. If you have arms with joints - JJ, HEIM, ETC I bet they would bolt right up. The sensors are even same footprint. Can put JL sensors in place of JK ones.

On rear things are a little different. The mounting points for the arms again aren't much different. A few mm apart tops. The shock mounts are at a different angle as the JL has outboarded rear shocks. The sensors also aren't same. The JL one is much smaller. You can make the JL ones work in a JK axle but it's a tad more involved.

You can make them work but it's going to take a little effort. What axles do you have built exactly? That may change things some too.

Sent via....

Jesse_01

The frame isn't a couple inches wider...

On front the JK and JL mounting points are very similar. Within mm of each other. If you have arms with joints - JJ, HEIM, ETC I bet they would bolt right up. The sensors are even same footprint. Can put JL sensors in place of JK ones.

On rear things are a little different. The mounting points for the arms again aren't much different. A few mm apart tops. The shock mounts are at a different angle as the JL has outboarded rear shocks. The sensors also aren't same. The JL one is much smaller. You can make the JL ones work in a JK axle but it's a tad more involved.

You can make them work but it's going to take a little effort. What axles do you have built exactly? That may change things some too.

Sent via....

05+ SD dana 60 front & 10.5" rear, 5.38 gears, air locker rear, Detroit front.

13_gecko_rubi

05+ SD dana 60 front & 10.5" rear, 5.38 gears, air locker rear, Detroit front.
Well the mounts made for those in kits from artec, motobilt, etc already move the arms a tad to fit on the axle. So the control arm mounts would probably all work as long as u have the right arms. Front speed sensor shouldn't be a big deal. Rear, no one offers an adapter yet. So you'll have to modify/make something.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
When I swapped a JK axle into my WJ, I literally cut the speed sensor wires and spliced it. Each vehicle had 2 wires. Perfect fit and all works well. Hopefully a JK to JL swap is similar.

13_gecko_rubi

When I swapped a JK axle into my WJ, I literally cut the speed sensor wires and spliced it. Each vehicle had 2 wires. Perfect fit and all works well. Hopefully a JK to JL swap is similar.
They aren't. JL sensors are "active" sensors

Sent via....