Jeep Dealer Disaster

STROMBECK

So I took my new JL to the dealer. My drivers heated seat stopped working. They diagnosed and told me it was the pad the heating pad. So made another appointment to get it fixed. Brought it in Thursday morning dropped it off they told me it would be done at the end of the day. By 5 o’clock they still weren’t done and told me it wouldn’t be ready till Friday. Told me it would only take another hour or two. Well Friday at 3:45 still have not heard from them. So had my wife called him because I was still at work. They told her it was just finished a few minutes ago. And that I could come and pick it up. So I went to pick it up and just had this weird feeling that something wasn’t right. They called my car up took about a half hour just to get the car. When the Porter brought the car up he got out of the car and almost ran away. I thought it was a little bit odd. However I got my stuff open the backseat to put my stuff in and noticed a piece of black tape on the back of the seat Peeled back the tape and noticed a rip in my seat.Pretty upset I called another service advisor pointed out what they had done, she was shocked. Told me she would get to the bottom of it went back to talk to the tech and the service manager. After about five minutes she came back and said oh yeah the tech told the service manager that he had torn the seat. So apparently they both knew about it they just did not document anywhere in my paperwork and failed to tell me that they had torn my seat. So I told her this was not acceptable and that I spent over $60,000 for this vehicle. It’s a brand new vehicle. Told them I have bought three Jeep Wrangler’s from the same dealer and that I have been a good customer. I asked them why they would not bring this to my attention, rather they tried to cover it up with a piece of black tape and not document it or tell me about it. Needless to say I will be talking to the service manager on Monday about this issue. Pretty blown away at the treatment I got at this Jeep dealer. IMG_2299.JPGIMG_2298.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've been through shit like this before. When we lived in Florida, we used a highly rated automotive repair shop in Fort Myers. At the time both my wife and I had Corvettes, but we lived in an apartment with no garage space. When my wife took hers in for a radiator replacement, it came back with a ripped driver's seat... looked like somebody sat in it with a screwdriver in the back pocket. They replaced the bottom pad without a question. As they seem to be a stand-up repair shop, I took my Corvette in a couple months later to have some work done. When I picked it up, same thing... 3" tear in the driver's seat. When I brought it to the attention of the owner Terry, the SOB got in my face. He agreed to repair the seat, but told us never to return... yelling some bullshit about how every time we come in his mechanics damage our cars. LOL! :crazyeyes:

STROMBECK

I've been through shit like this before. When we lived in Florida, we used a highly rated automotive repair shop in Fort Myers. At the time both my wife and I had Corvettes, but we lived in an apartment with no garage space. When my wife took hers in for a radiator replacement, it came back with a ripped driver's seat... looked like somebody sat in it with a screwdriver in the back pocket. They replaced the bottom pad without a question. As they seem to be a stand-up repair shop, I took my Corvette in a couple months later to have some work done. When I picked it up, same thing... 3" tear in the driver's seat. When I brought it to the attention of the owner Terry, the SOB got in my face. He agreed to repair the seat, but told us never to return yelling some bullshit how every time we come in his mechanics damage our cars. LOL! :crazyeyes:

Wow. I’m always amazed at people and how they treat other people’s stuff.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So I took my new JL to the dealer. My drivers heated seat stopped working. They diagnosed and told me it was the pad the heating pad. So made another appointment to get it fixed. Brought it in Thursday morning dropped it off they told me it would be done at the end of the day. By 5 o’clock they still weren’t done and told me it wouldn’t be ready till Friday. Told me it would only take another hour or two. Well Friday at 3:45 still have not heard from them. So had my wife called him because I was still at work. They told her it was just finished a few minutes ago. And that I could come and pick it up. So I went to pick it up and just had this weird feeling that something wasn’t right. They called my car up took about a half hour just to get the car. When the Porter brought the car up he got out of the car and almost ran away. I thought it was a little bit odd. However I got my stuff open the backseat to put my stuff in and noticed a piece of black tape on the back of the seat Peeled back the tape and noticed a rip in my seat.Pretty upset I called another service advisor pointed out what they had done, she was shocked. Told me she would get to the bottom of it went back to talk to the tech and the service manager. After about five minutes she came back and said oh yeah the tech told the service manager that he had torn the seat. So apparently they both knew about it they just did not document anywhere in my paperwork and failed to tell me that they had torn my seat. So I told her this was not acceptable and that I spent over $60,000 for this vehicle. It’s a brand new vehicle. Told them I have bought three Jeep Wrangler’s from the same dealer and that I have been a good customer. I asked them why they would not bring this to my attention, rather they tried to cover it up with a piece of black tape and not document it or tell me about it. Needless to say I will be talking to the service manager on Monday about this issue. Pretty blown away at the treatment I got at this Jeep dealer. View attachment 8032View attachment 8033

What’s the name of the dealership?

NFRs2000NYC

For future reference to others, no dealer that I am aware of (of any make save for maybe rolls royce) has anyone on staff that is equipped with knowledge of leatherwork, be it steaming, hogrings, etc. If your heated seat dies and they determine it's the pad, I would push for a new seat replacement, as no one on staff will be able to do the job properly.

STROMBECK

For future reference to others, no dealer that I am aware of (of any make save for maybe rolls royce) has anyone on staff that is equipped with knowledge of leatherwork, be it steaming, hogrings, etc. If your heated seat dies and they determine it's the pad, I would push for a new seat replacement, as no one on staff will be able to do the job properly.

Yes I think you are absolutely right. Good advice thank you.

NFRs2000NYC

Since ordering a seat will take some time, I'd tell them to pull a seat from a rig on the lot and let the unsold one sit waiting for a seat.

JTCO

Meme King

This is pretty accurate. They may sublet it to a decent upholstery shop though.

OP, I'm shocked (but shouldn't be) that a dealer would pull this shit.

rjgonza

So I took my new JL to the dealer. My drivers heated seat stopped working. They diagnosed and told me it was the pad the heating pad. So made another appointment to get it fixed. Brought it in Thursday morning dropped it off they told me it would be done at the end of the day. By 5 o’clock they still weren’t done and told me it wouldn’t be ready till Friday. Told me it would only take another hour or two. Well Friday at 3:45 still have not heard from them. So had my wife called him because I was still at work. They told her it was just finished a few minutes ago. And that I could come and pick it up. So I went to pick it up and just had this weird feeling that something wasn’t right. They called my car up took about a half hour just to get the car. When the Porter brought the car up he got out of the car and almost ran away. I thought it was a little bit odd. However I got my stuff open the backseat to put my stuff in and noticed a piece of black tape on the back of the seat Peeled back the tape and noticed a rip in my seat.Pretty upset I called another service advisor pointed out what they had done, she was shocked. Told me she would get to the bottom of it went back to talk to the tech and the service manager. After about five minutes she came back and said oh yeah the tech told the service manager that he had torn the seat. So apparently they both knew about it they just did not document anywhere in my paperwork and failed to tell me that they had torn my seat. So I told her this was not acceptable and that I spent over $60,000 for this vehicle. It’s a brand new vehicle. Told them I have bought three Jeep Wrangler’s from the same dealer and that I have been a good customer. I asked them why they would not bring this to my attention, rather they tried to cover it up with a piece of black tape and not document it or tell me about it. Needless to say I will be talking to the service manager on Monday about this issue. Pretty blown away at the treatment I got at this Jeep dealer. View attachment 8032View attachment 8033

That's just unacceptable... How are they going to make it right?

WWRuby_Svi

I can’t imagine that they would give you a brand new seat for that. The heater cost them about $20 but the seat is probably over $200, probably $500 or so. So if they turn in warranty for $500+ with labor because of a heating pad then their seat heater supplier will deny them of the claim and Jeep will get stuck with the bill. Heaters are easy to change but I do agree that you need to understand how seat covers are installed. If leather covers are available then I would guess they will order in a new cover and a qualified tech will need to install it.

MrGiant

I almost cant believe it, rediculous! That corvette story with the shop owner getting mad for his shitty employees it an absolute joke. What the hell are such people thinking. Or maybe they arent even thinking anyways.
I hope it gets fixed properly and there is no more trouble with your jeep

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app