Hello and Thank You - from CO by way of NC

TarWHeelinCO

Hey guys, glad to be hear. Funny that it's taken me so long to join one of Eddie's forums and I'm not really sure why, well maybe because I've always had older CJ's, but I finally did.

Eddie, I just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration you've provided over the years. I remember sitting at my parent's house with my brother over Christmas vacation from college about 12 years ago and we stumbled across one of your videos on youtube. We had a 1980 CJ5 at the time and always dreamed of fixing it up and having awesome adventures like the ones you film and post. You've truly inspired me. I started collecting parts back then for my CJ. I found a SM420 trans mated to a Dana 300 and have kept it in my garage for the last few years. I never fixed up that CJ, but I did buy a '79 CJ7 and have done a lot of work it to it. I've had some fun with it, namely taking it on the Jeepers Jamboree a couple of years ago (I swear I thought we were going to die, but made some life long memories), but it's just a little more work that I prefer these days, SO...

I just ordered a 2022 JLU Rubicon XR - Sting-Gray, so I finally feel like I'm part of the club now and I can't wait to build up my jeep just like one of yours as soon as I get it. I'm finally financially able and I don't have to ride oldies any longer and I'm just ecstatic!

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I just wanted to take a minute to share a little of how you've impacted my life (my brother and I drank american honey exclusively for years while garage jeepin with the CJ) and I'm sure there are 1000s just like me that have taken inspiration from the videos you post. I hope one day I can make it out to CA and join one of your fan trail rides, so until then keep it up brother and hope to meet you one day.