Headlight Conversion Woes

Brandiland

Someone, please help me understand this. I recently upgraded my headlights to LED.I have the world renown flicker. I was told by several people I needed either a anti-flicker OR a converter. I went with the converter, although it costs a heck of a lot more, it is supposed to take care of the problem for good.
There is no way this fits my Jeep, Right? Make me see this differently. I was told by far too many people that this fits my Jeep... but how in the holy handbook of square pegs in round circles does it do that? How? 20210215_095319.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YJTJJKUJLUR

The three pin connector is if you have a halogen style headlight bucket. The halogen style has the six pin on the outside, like the led style, and the three pin on the inside behind the dust shield for the halogen bulb socket. I updated my halogen bulbs to led bulbs. Did not replace the whole assembly. If you want to get rid of the flicker get a tazor or similar programmer and set your headlights to led. No need for an anti flicker or converter. You also get to change a whole shit load of other settings with a programmer too.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Brandiland

The three pin connector is if you have a halogen style headlight bucket. The halogen style has the six pin on the outside, like the led style, and the three pin on the inside behind the dust shield for the halogen bulb socket. I updated my halogen bulbs to led bulbs. Did not replace the whole assembly. If you want to get rid of the flicker get a tazor or similar programmer and set your headlights to led. No need for an anti flicker or converter. You also get to change a whole shit load of other settings with a programmer too.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Ok, so my first thought was, "why on earth would I go from an already overpriced converter to a tazer thingy that is far more pricey than anything I've been looking at. I just want to stop my headlights from flickering", right?... wrong.
After researching the Tazer, and knowing what I'm planning to upgrade and do, I can't see how I'd make it WITHOUT the Tazer. Thank you for this information. I will certainly be grabbing me one. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G970U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app