Fox Mopar lift

Jccuda77

I just ordered this one. Teraflex 09-02-22-110-000 Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer for 18-19 Jeep Wrangler JL

I thought fox had an adjustable one but couldn’t find it

I will let you know how it is in a couple weeks when I put it on and have some miles and trains on it

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone out there running the Mopar fox lift have any suggestions for steering stabilizers? Thanks.

What's wrong with the factory one?

^^ What WJCO said. Aftermarket steering stabilizers are one of the biggest wastes of money out there. Buy yourself a Fox sticker on Ebay, slap it on the factory one & call it a day. :thumb:

Jccuda77

Not sure where you live or what kind of driving you do but my last 2 jeeps and my f-250 all received upgraded steering stabilizers and it helped with the wondering on the interstate and these messed up roads we have here in Florida.
Do you upgrade your shocks? If so why and what is wrong with the factory ones? The same engineering goes into the stabilizer.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Not sure where you live or what kind of driving you do but my last 2 jeeps and my f-250 all received upgraded steering stabilizers and it helped with the wondering on the interstate and these messed up roads we have here in Florida.
Do you upgrade your shocks? If so why and what is wrong with the factory ones? The same engineering goes into the stabilizer.

Not exactly.

JTCO

Meme King

From an engineering point of view, sure the stabilizer has a purpose. I notice a different feeling when I take it off vs when it's on. However, I don't see any evidence that an 'upgraded' one does anything beneficial, especially when you look at the cost and I've ran a few of them.

As far as shocks, those are usually required to be changed because they need to be longer for a lift kit. Also stiffer shocks may offer a more desirable ride if you're carrying a lot of extra weight.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

To be truthful, when I drove my Jeep while living in Florida I wondered a lot too. I wondered why the hell I owned a Jeep in Florida. Honestly, I wondered why the hell I even lived in Florida. LOL. That's 15 years I'll never get back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Umm, not exactly. A steering stabilizer is designed to dampen kick back from your tires hitting bumps in the road - NOT to keep you driving straight. Wondering on the interstate is typically caused by a lack of caster. For most people, they upgrade their shocks because they LIFTED THEIR JEEP and factory ones would be too short for it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone out there running the Mopar fox lift have any suggestions for steering stabilizers? Thanks.

As others have mentioned, OE is what I would recommend. You definitely do NOT want to run a pressurized stabilizer as that will cause your Jeep to pull to one side. There are more expensive stabilizers out there that address this issue but then, they're a complete waste of money.

1UP

Can we start spelling “wander” correctly? Makes me “wonder” what language you all speak... lol

2018 JLUR Bright White
2” Mopar lift

offcamber

I have the Mopar lift (with some RockKrawler parts). I have a Fox steering stabilizer. No issues with the factory one, I just managed to dent it up a bit participating in a rock race.. The Fox one does the same thing the factory one does, just matches the shocks. Unlike on the JK the JL Fox stabilizer doesn't seem to be gas charged or at least not enough to cause the Jeep to push/pull on the road.

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I have the Mopar lift (with some RockKrawler parts). I have a Fox steering stabilizer. No issues with the factory one, I just managed to dent it up a bit participating in a rock race.. The Fox one does the same thing the factory one does, just matches the shocks. Unlike on the JK the JL Fox stabilizer doesn't seem to be gas charged or at least not enough to cause the Jeep to push/pull on the road.

Clearly you didn’t read anything about it before you bought it. Says gas a couple times right in the description.

IMG_6659.jpg

You probably can’t feel it as much because of the electronic steering box.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Doubletapdaddy I ask my self the same question every day but then I didn’t choose to be here I was told move or find a new job and well my job pays for all of my toys.

I can certainly understand that. Somewhat similar experience. I was only supposed to be in SWFL for 4 years. I was so thankful to finish what turned into a 15 year sentence. One thing's for sure, I've never seen so many Jeeps as I did when I lived in Florida.