CONFIRMATION of the JL Wrangler 3.0L Diesel Engine

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a BIG THANKS to longarmwj, I just got the following 2 photos that show ID tags that are used for inter-company shipping. They were taken at a company that will be supplying down pipes and other exhaust components for the Jeep JL Wrangler and as you can see, one of them is for a 2.2L engine and other is for a 3.0L - presumably, the 3.0L EcoDiesel! Up until now, there was a lot of talk about the 3.0L being slated for the chopping block but I'm glad to see soild proof of it going into production.

20170710162527-ccdd73f1.jpg

20170710162523-34488dc3.jpg

So, how many of you will be signing up for a diesel JL Wrangler? :thumb:

OJK12

I've never been a big diesel guy but with all the things they are doing to engines to meet target gas consumption goals the diesel has actually become less complicated and is looking a lot more lucrative to me.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So awesome! Not really a diesel fan but would rock one for the power and the economy

ravencr

It's surprising to me that they would still be pursuing the 3L diesel in the wrangler given the current EPA issues they're having. Have all of those been resolved?

NotInStock

It's surprising to me that they would still be pursuing the 3L diesel in the wrangler given the current EPA issues they're having. Have all of those been resolved?

Yeah.... I would seriously be wondering if they have tackled the EPA investigation.... But they are still loading the 3.0L in the Ram 1500 so I guess it must be corrected.

DINKELROC

With fuel prices in CA getting out of control, the Diesel getting 30mpg is a good fit for me, sign me up for a new Rubicon please!