CarPlay app crashes

Yoooo. I’ve got the 8” screen in my Mohave and if I use CarPlay it crashes every 5 minutes. I used it on my wrangler all the time and loved it. I did a full reset but it still happens. I’ve tried different cables and it’s not the phone because my maps keeps going or my calls will cut over to Bluetooth. Any ideas?

Jeeeep

dealt with this on my daughter's iPhone and my JL, her connection was working fine in the past but this last week it kept crapping out.
It wasn't the head unit, went thru bunch of steps on her iphone and it was a PIA

restart phone- no luck
check for updates - install all latest updates restart again...connect and crash after a few minutes
turn restriction off, restart then enable carplay
make sure siri is working because apparently that POS PIA always needs to be on for anything else to work
forget the connection from Bluetooth on the iPhone and the JL- restart again, repair and finally stayed connected.

good luck, pour a drink you may be there awhile

I’ve literally done everything mentioned. Sadly, when I took the wire out of the center console and switched to the front patch panel it’s fine so maybe something is wrong with my port.

pietervs

I’ve literally done everything mentioned. Sadly, when I took the wire out of the center console and switched to the front patch panel it’s fine so maybe something is wrong with my port.
I have exactly the same on my Rubicon. It works perfectly on the front patch but stops working after a few minutes in the center console. Tried different phones and different cables.