Auto start/stop unavailable?

drhcobra

Been having the auto start/stop unavailable, service pop up for a while. Comes on when I get up to 40 or so mph stays on till I shut off. Voltage on evic is good. Could this be a sign aux battery is crapping out? I’ve had no other issues and keep on a trickle charger when not driving often. First started after doing regear which I’m guessing is a coincidence.
Thanks

JTCO

Meme King
Been having the auto start/stop unavailable, service pop up for a while. Comes on when I get up to 40 or so mph stays on till I shut off. Voltage on evic is good. Could this be a sign aux battery is crapping out? I’ve had no other issues and keep on a trickle charger when not driving often. First started after doing regear which I’m guessing is a coincidence.
Thanks
Do you have a Tazer? And have you tried un-marrying it and re-marrying it just to see if that changes anything? Not sure if that would be related but just something I thought of?

Texas Red

I was having issues with the ESS on my 2021 80th Edition, so took it to the dealer for service. They found the aux battery wasn't holding charge and replaced it. Been working well ever since.

drhcobra

Do you have a Tazer? And have you tried un-marrying it and re-marrying it just to see if that changes anything? Not sure if that would be related but just something I thought of?
Well, tired top gear re-learn which you have to do for manual trans after tire size change. No luck. Unmarried and started from scratch, no luck.
Thanks for the idea.

drhcobra

I was having issues with the ESS on my 2021 80th Edition, so took it to the dealer for service. They found the aux battery wasn't holding charge and replaced it. Been working well ever since.
Gonna check my aux battery next. Thanks

drhcobra

Removed both batteries and both tested good. Everything is back to normal after putting them back in. Must have been related to unplugging stuff when removing axles.

Roni

Hello Everyone👋! I am new to the channel and am having a similar problem. My name is Roni and I am a US expat living in Costa Rica. I am here six months next week and am only semi-settled at this point. I am attempting to familiarize myself with all the country has to offer, which is considerable, while adjusting to the huge hurdles presented by the government’s customs and fee structures. I am completing the final stages in ‘breaking the code’ for bringing in mail and packages so that I can order items that I cannot purchase here. I am newly retired after 21+ years of USG service and enjoying my transition year, immensely. So enough about me. Let me introduce my Jeep. I have a 2019 JL 3.6L V6 Sahara, hardtop, billet silver metallic. I am currently looking for an OBD-II device to scan and diagnose for problems on the vehicle. I currently have an Stop/Start System Not Working warning ⚠️ And want to know as much as possible before contacting a mechanic. Until I can find a reliable mechanic and dealer here I will be doing much of the diagnostic work and small jobs myself. My first question on the forum then is two-fold:

Which OBD-II protocol does the 2019 Jeep JL Sahara use, and/or how do I get that information for my vehicle, and what is a tazer? Thank you all in advance.

JTCO

Meme King
Hello Everyone👋! I am new to the channel and am having a similar problem. My name is Roni and I am a US expat living in Costa Rica. I am here six months next week and am only semi-settled at this point. I am attempting to familiarize myself with all the country has to offer, which is considerable, while adjusting to the huge hurdles presented by the government’s customs and fee structures. I am completing the final stages in ‘breaking the code’ for bringing in mail and packages so that I can order items that I cannot purchase here. I am newly retired after 21+ years of USG service and enjoying my transition year, immensely. So enough about me. Let me introduce my Jeep. I have a 2019 JL 3.6L V6 Sahara, hardtop, billet silver metallic. I am currently looking for an OBD-II device to scan and diagnose for problems on the vehicle. I currently have an Stop/Start System Not Working warning ⚠️ And want to know as much as possible before contacting a mechanic. Until I can find a reliable mechanic and dealer here I will be doing much of the diagnostic work and small jobs myself. My first question on the forum then is two-fold:

Which OBD-II protocol does the 2019 Jeep JL Sahara use, and/or how do I get that information for my vehicle, and what is a tazer? Thank you all in advance.

A tazer is a device that works with your cluster so you can modify things like tire size, and other features: