Anyone seen this shit before?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you installed anything onto your battery terminals? If so, you need to make sure that you didn't stack anything in between the tapered nut as that's what tightens up the clamp. Essentially, what you might have is a loose terminal or ground connection.

JTCO

Meme King
So should I put the ground cable on top of the nut on the tall post?

IMG_20181230_131253_817.jpg

I think that's OK how you have it. If it's anything like the JK, I think the nuts that you don't want to use that Eddie was talking about are the ones that I circled in green.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What WJCO circled is what I was referring to. I would definitely check the other grounds as a loose one will cause what you were seeing.

Jesse_01

What WJCO circled is what I was referring to. I would definitely check the other grounds as a loose one will cause what you were seeing.

I stopped & bs'd with a tech, he gave me a few places to look.

I unplugged big body control plug behind the inner fender of the passenger side rear wheel. It had some moisture & a little bit of corrosion.

Poor location for a plug, the tire sprays snow & slush up between the inner fender & the body.

After I cleaned it all out & loaded it with some dielectric grease, it's been good. Haven't been snow wheeling since.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app