35" tires or lift first?

MIKEY

Working on a budget, 2018 JL Rubi. Going to35" tires... Has anyone had bump stop issues going with 35" without lifting. I know they fit without rubbing on the street, wondering about off road. I'm going with 2.5 " list and 35s but can't do both right now. ???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Working on a budget, 2018 JL Rubi. Going to35" tires... Has anyone had bump stop issues going with 35" without lifting. I know they fit without rubbing on the street, wondering about off road. I'm going with 2.5 " list and 35s but can't do both right now. ???
Depending on the tires and wheels you run, you may rub the fenders at a full flex when disconnected. But, probably just barely.

huyfishin

Next thing i'm doing is 35" no lift for now as well. My wife is barely 5 feet tall so I need something like the rockslide engineering steps if I lift it.

Are you going to off road the Jeep or keep it on tarmac only?