2019 JL Changes

JLRUBI19

I’m most interested in the color offerings. I am hoping for a matte color but pretty sure that won’t happen. I’m REALLY hoping I can order a 6-speed with the 3.0 diesel. As far as any design changes/upgrades, I’m not sure that’s a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NFRs2000NYC

Buddy of mine has an M3 with matte paint. Trust me on this, you'd rather piss glass than have matte paint on your car. If you really want matte, just wrap it in matte 3M film, at least it will not only protect the ride, but not scratch by sneezing wrong.

Last edited:

JLRUBI19

Buddy of mind has an M3 with matte paint. Trust me on this, you'd rather piss glass than have matte paint on your car. If you really want matte, just wrap it in matte 3M film, at least it will not only protect the ride, but not scratch by sneezing wrong.

Wow! Thanks for that tip! It’s really that bad!?

NFRs2000NYC

Its great for a garage queen, but not for a jeep. The maintenance is harder and different, and yes, it shows scratches much worse. He regrets it everyday. And if you get it damaged, forget a decent factory match. Most bodyshops can't do it right.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Agreed, matte paint is a nightmare. I'd rather have gloss black, and I never ever ever want another black vehicle.

Edit - You know, I have to be honest in that my perception of matte paint is purely anecdotal. However so is my perception of many things that I avoid, such as balance beads, Nano ceramic paint coatings and crack whores.

Last edited:

JLRUBI19

I like to think of scratches like battle scars. I will never own a garage queen nor am I worried about scratches. Does the M3 have a factory matte finish? There are matte paint sealants that act as protection.

BillArnett

I like to think of scratches like battle scars. I will never own a garage queen nor am I worried about scratches.

I agree. It's kind of the inverse of child abuse: a Jeep with no scratches and dents isn't getting the attention it deserves. :yup:

JLRUBI19

Edit - You know, I have to be honest in that my perception of matte paint is purely anecdotal. However so is my perception of many things that I avoid, such as balance beads, Nano ceramic paint coatings and crack whores.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tend to follow one very important rule in all facets of my life:

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see.... matte paint gets a clear coat, it’s just a matte clear coat. In addition, there are protectants specifically for matte paint. I don’t see how there would be any difference unless it was the porous bedliner stuff.

JLRUBI19

I agree. It's kind of the inverse of child abuse: a Jeep with no scratches and dents isn't getting the attention it deserves. :yup:

Totally agree.... one of the things that drives me crazy is people getting rubicon’s and use them as pavement queens. Not that I deserve a Jeep any more than anyone else but there’s just something not right about a wrangler in the city.

NFRs2000NYC

I like to think of scratches like battle scars. I will never own a garage queen nor am I worried about scratches. Does the M3 have a factory matte finish? There are matte paint sealants that act as protection.

Factory matte, it was like a $4000 option or something crazy.

NFRs2000NYC

Totally agree.... one of the things that drives me crazy is people getting rubicon’s and use them as pavement queens. Not that I deserve a Jeep any more than anyone else but there’s just something not right about a wrangler in the city.

I've taken my Jeep offroad plenty, including the mountains/forests of colorado, and the canyons of Utah, that doesn't mean I want to destroy the paint on my 50K vehicle and ruin it's resale value.

JLRUBI19

I've taken my Jeep offroad plenty, including the mountains/forests of colorado, and the canyons of Utah, that doesn't mean I want to destroy the paint on my 50K vehicle and ruin it's resale value.

I get what you’re saying and to each their own.

aug0211

Super interested in what’s coming for 2019. Been waiting for my 2018 since March 7, and no ETA in sight - my guess is maybe September...

... at which point, waiting for a 2019 isn’t out of the question. Especially if there’s anything good worth waiting for...

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app