JL JOURNAL : DYNATRAC EnduroSport JL Wrangler 2" Lift Kit TEST & REVIEW

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you've got a Jeep JL Wrangler and are looking to give it a small lift but are afraid that it'll compromise the quality of your ride, there's a brand new lift kit coming your way and it's one that you are gonna want to consider - the 2" EnduroSport! Made by Dynatrac, this lift was designed from the ground up to be an affordable, entry level kit that’s easy to install and one that has a primary focus on ride comfort. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see Cindy and I put this lift through its paces, out on the trail and maybe more importantly, across worn out stretches of asphalt and rutted out railroad crossings. You know, just to get a better idea of how this lift feels on a daily driven Jeep. To wrap things up, we'll show you what this lift looks like on a Rubicon model JL Wrangler, running a set of 37" tires and of course, all flexed out. We hope you enjoy our presentation and we'd be grateful if you could please let us know what you think about the all new Dynatrac 2" EnduroSport Lift. :cool:

You can find more information regarding this lift kit and all that comes with it by clicking on the link below:
DYNATRAC EnduroSport JL Wrangler 2" Lift Kit Information

WIN this LIFT KIT!!
If you have a Jeep JL Wrangler or have one on order and would like a chance at WINNING an awesome new Dynatrac 2" EnduroSport lift kit for it, all you have to do is click on the link below to find out how.
DYNATRAC 2" JL EnduroSport Lift Kit GIVEAWAY!

Good luck to all of you! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A Dynatrac lift! Nice!
Great video, love the humor in it too.
HAY, Awesome!

LOL!! Glad to hear you could appreciate it. :D

Awesome video. Crazy to believe a 2 inch kit accomplishes that level of flex.

The shocks are a great size for the amount of lift, the bump stop extensions are just as tall as they need to be AND they used single rate coils which stuff nicely. I should note that we were seeing minor rubbing with this setup but nothing that would tear the fenders off or anything like that. But then, we are running 37x13.50s :)

Four Flusher

Great video as always, looks like what I've been wanting for, I'm reaching for the phone to call Dynatrac, to ask question 3: how much? Question 4: how soon?

thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as always, looks like what I've been wanting for, I'm reaching for the phone to call Dynatrac, to ask question 3: how much? Question 4: how soon?

thanks

I'm sure they'll be able to help you but according to their website, this kit will retail at about $1200 and it should be shipping by mid August. :yup:

13_gecko_rubi

About time

Glad to see they finally revealed it. Been waiting to see. Probably would have been faster but that Tony guy is a little slow, its not his fault, he's just Canadian :p

Four Flusher

I'm super excited about mid Aug, I was starting to worry about getting lifted and new tires before heading to Colorado and Moab on Oct 1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see they finally revealed it. Been waiting to see. Probably would have been faster but that Tony guy is a little slow, its not his fault, he's just Canadian :p

:cheesy: Damn Canadians! :D

I should note that the kit really did come out nice. Ride is awesome.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Exciting to see them Engineer and mfg a lift kit! How do you think the clearance would be with 37s?

It clears 37's no differently than any kit in this lift range and on a Rubicon. You will have to address the rear fender liner and you will have minimal fender rubbing but that's about it. I should note that this kit comes with 2" bump stop extensions and if you were to run taller extensions, you most likely could eliminate any rubbing. A Sport or Sahara would need to have fender modifications made to clear 37's.

NFRs2000NYC

Did you have a chance to street drive your rig with this kit and your 37s? Did it drive better than the rancho setup you had? Looks like a very promising kit! Oh one last thing, are the coils equal length or are they also "lean edition?"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you have a chance to street drive your rig with this kit and your 37s? Did it drive better than the rancho setup you had? Looks like a very promising kit!

Yes, I did get a chance to do extensive street and highway testing with this kit on my JL running our 37's and yes, it had a more comfortable ride. Again, I do need to point out that this kit costs twice as much and it comes with 2.0 Fox Monotube shocks specifically tuned to the spring rates these coils have. The RS5000X shocks are really nice for what they are but they are ultimately, just an entry level shock.

Oh one last thing, are the coils equal length or are they also "lean edition?"

LOL!! I think you're the very first person to ask. This kit comes with equal length coils and there is no lean to the driver side. Taking a tape measure to all 4 corners, I did see a tiny lean to the passenger side but I don't think it's even worth mentioning and definitely something I couldn't physically see just by looking at my Jeep.

NFRs2000NYC

Do you think Dynatrac is looking to make a slightly more advanced lift as well, or are they looking to only stay in the entry level market?

This is PRECISELY the kind of lift I’ve waited for. Total focus on adventure. I’ll be able to get anywhere I want on 35s out of the box. Of course it helped seeing it on a red Sahara just like mine too.

Also Eddie & Cindy: kudos on the FUNNIEST video yet! The “ Hay” cracked me up!

Now, where are the Wayalife stickers with that logo at the end? It rules! Get em printed!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think Dynatrac is looking to make a slightly more advanced lift as well, or are they looking to only stay in the entry level market?

I'm sure anything is possible but for now, their focus is on making the most comfortable ride they could in a 2" lift. This kit was created for a Jeep that goes off road but spends most of its time as a daily driver.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is PRECISELY the kind of lift I’ve waited for. Total focus on adventure. I’ll be able to get anywhere I want on 35s out of the box. Of course it helped seeing it on a red Sahara just like mine too.

Also Eddie & Cindy: kudos on the FUNNIEST video yet! The “ Hay” cracked me up!

Now, where are the Wayalife stickers with that logo at the end? It rules! Get em printed!

We're so glad that you can appreciate our silly humor.

Regarding the decal, you can find it here:
https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=DECAL-WAL-COWL-VISTA

:cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do they make control arms as well or do you suggests using the adjustable EVO ones with this kit?

Control arms are completely unnecessary for just 2" of lift. If anything, I would recommend against them being that you'll just have one more thing to maintain. If you want them anyway, yes, I would recommend EVO.