VIDEO : CODEX GLADIATOR - FRY em UP FRIDAY! 4WD Roasting of 40" Tires with a HELLCAT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO : CODEX GLADIATOR - FRY em UP FRIDAY! 4WD Roasting of 40" Tires with a HELLCAT

Okay, this video is nothing special and more a case of boys being boys but last Friday, Cindy and I got a call from our good friend Jim, the owner of Dynatrac and he asked us to swing by the shop for a bit of fun they were gonna have with CODEX. Being that we were in SoCal at the time, we obliged and the following is a video of what we saw. Can you say a 4 Wheel Drive 40" tire burn out with a Hellcat HEMI!! We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
[emoji23]Maybe that explains the tire choice?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

:cheesy: Maybe so.

Meh. Not sure what this proves. Good quality video on your end though.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks! We tried our best to get what we could with what little we had to work with. I'm sure the professional crew filming the burnout on an official capacity made a much better video than ours.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
:cheesy: Maybe so.

Thanks! We tried our best to get what we could with what little we had to work with. I'm sure the professional crew filming the burnout on an official capacity made a much better video than ours.

Lol this is a better video than the professional film crew.

IMG_8025.jpg

(And no, that’s not a video)

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Personally, the video didn't do anything for me to advance my desire for more Dynatrac parts or affiliations. I watch these videos to drool over badass offroad builds, learn some things, and plan future possibilities for my own Jeep.

This was just some street shenanigans. If I had a Hellcat motor and some cheap, throw-away tires, I would probably fuck around too... I do think it would have better show-cased the power to see how long they could keep those tires burning without putting it on a leash.

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, the video didn't do anything for me to advance my desire for more Dynatrac parts or affiliations. I watch these videos to drool over badass offroad builds, learn some things, and plan future possibilities for my own Jeep.

This was just some street shenanigans. If I had a Hellcat motor and some cheap, throw-away tires, I would probably fuck around too... I do think it would have better show-cased the power to see how long they could keep those tires burning without putting it on a leash.

I think they were hoping to blow the tires but they couldn't keep the engine going. Soon after starting on their second attempt, they overheated and the computer put them into a preservation mode. That pretty much ended the show. Of course, its a new build and there are bugs to be worked out.

Ski

I think they were hoping to blow the tires but they couldn't keep the engine going. Soon after starting on their second attempt, they overheated and the computer put them into a preservation mode. That pretty much ended the show. Of course, its a new build and there are bugs to be worked out.

Wish I had money to blow on doing things like this. Not that I would because I think it is a waste, but definitely liked the sound of that Hellcat! Nice job on your part video taping it!

Wish I had money to blow on doing things like this. Not that I would because I think it is a waste, but definitely liked the sound of that Hellcat! Nice job on your part video taping it!
Like several other people, have said, Eddie, your videos are always top-notch. The epic coverave amped me up to see this badass throwdown.... can you pick up a couple other particular hobbies so I have someone interesting to watch while I'm delving into those too?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you. I can't say doing something like this does anything for me either. More than it being a waste and a pain to clean, I'd rather be out on the trail. But then, that's just me. :yup:

Like several other people, have said, Eddie, your videos are always top-notch. The epic coverave amped me up to see this badass throwdown.... can you pick up a couple other particular hobbies so I have someone interesting to watch while I'm delving into those too?

LOL - I guess I need to film some of the other things in life I enjoy :crazyeyes:

Dale72

Caught the Bug
Thank you. I can't say doing something like this does anything for me either. More than it being a waste and a pain to clean, I'd rather be out on the trail. But then, that's just me. :yup:

LOL - I guess I need to film some of the other things in life I enjoy :crazyeyes:
Eddie do you have a video coming of the new front bumper

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

DavidDJL69

Why anyone would hate on you for posting the video up is beyond me. Just an angry world today isn’t it? I sometimes daydream thinking of a Hellcat motor in my JL. Then I wake up. Keep it a fantasy helps my bank account that’s for sure, but it is quite a fantasy. Great video.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL - the hate toward us because of this video has been unreal. Here's just one example of what we've been seeing. Literally, people are pissed off enough at us that they're unsubscribing to our channel.

Big John.jpg