JL won’t shift into park

WiscoHR

My buddy just picked up a new JL. He got home and tried to put it in Park but he said it rolled forward and stalled. He said the “P” light on the shifter was flashing and it said service transmission. It seems to be fine now.

My question is, has anyone experienced this or heard of it happening? Just trying to help him out.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Did he have the door open prior to putting it into park? Our JT gives all kinds of fucked up messages when the door is open and shifting from park to drive or drive to park.

ddays v2

Did he have the door open prior to putting it into park? Our JT gives all kinds of fucked up messages when the door is open and shifting from park to drive or drive to park.

^^This. I made the mistake of putting mine in park with the door open getting mail out of my mailbox then got stuck because I couldn't close the goddam door :mad:
I got it moved eventually by half knocking over the mailbox, but that's a fucking retarded setting.

WiscoHR

First thing I thought of was auto park and went and tried it in mine. But the “D” or “R” light flashes and the display shows to shift to park. I think it might be a fluke thing and I’m sure the dealership can’t replicate it.

Whats even worse is when u have start stop on and it stops the car when you pull in your garage to park after coming home. Then you shift into park and it starts again, then you hit the button to turn off the vehicle. Probably one of the most retarded things I've ever seen in a vehicle.

Spack

Whats even worse is when u have start stop on and it stops the car when you pull in your garage to park after coming home. Then you shift into park and it starts again, then you hit the button to turn off the vehicle. Probably one of the most retarded things I've ever seen in a vehicle.

I roll in with a little speed, kick it to neutral and coast to my parking spot. Once stopped, engine still running because of neutral, I throw it in park and shut off the engine.

YAHAHA

That’s why I always push the Avengers button before parking.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

JTCO

Meme King
That’s why I always push the Avengers button before parking.

I push that button every time I start the vehicle. Can't stand that stupid system. My wife asked one day 'Wouldn't the vehicle use more gas if it shuts off and re-starts every time you're at a light opposed to just idling smoothly with no interruption?' I actually think she may be right, lol.

WiscoHR

I push that button every time I start the vehicle. Can't stand that stupid system. My wife asked one day 'Wouldn't the vehicle use more gas if it shuts off and re-starts every time you're at a light opposed to just idling smoothly with no interruption?' I actually think she may be right, lol.

That’s what I love about the Tazer. Everytime I start the Jeep it turns that nonsense off for me.