CB and Tablet install

Stickman

I have a ham and CB radio plus a tablet for navigation. The bar that Eddie sells for the JL works perfectly to mount all three.

The two radios will mount above the bar on driver and passenger side and the tablet mounts very nicely in the middle.

I have mounted the CB Radio and the tablet for now. I am in the market for a new ham radio and will mount it once it arrives.

The mic has a magnetic mount on it which works perfectly on the bar.

20180923_101028.jpeg20180920_115424.jpeg20180920_115439.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Thank you for posting this up :thumb:

I should note that with a soft top, there's even MORE room to mount everything on TOP of the CB BAR :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The magnetic mount for the microphone works well. It is very easy to retrieve and store the mic and there is no danger of the mic ever falling off the holder...

Well now, that's certainly clever! Got a link as to where one might be able to buy one? :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Yeah, I like my GearKeeper but think this might be a better solution.

:eek: Whoa! Wasn't expecting it to cost that much. Guess they're really in love with what they came up with! :crazyeyes:

Just buy and magnet and use some hot glue or epoxy. [emoji6] You already have the steel CB bar. [emoji106]

Jeeeep

whoa!

yeah, a Neodymium Magnet (which you can buy multi-packs for cheap) on the bar and washer screwed or gorilla glued onto the mic mount stub

I bought some to use on the RockHard cage in my 2010 but the ones I bought are too damn strong for what I wanted to use them on.