VIDEO : WHEN ALL ELSE FAIL - How to Steer a JK with a Broken Sector Shaft

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is actually an video clip that Cindy and I made a few years back but got lost and forgotten about on one of our old YouTube channels. Anyway, being that there's been renewed interest in sector shafts and what to do if you're ever unlucky enough to have one break on you, I thought it'd be good to post it up again and on our main WAYALIFE channel. With that said...

This WAYALIFE SHORT was filmed out on the Rubicon Trail a few years back and in it, you will see how I was able to get our friend Brian moving again after his Jeep JK Wrangler suffered a sector shaft break on Cadillac Hill. While it isn't a perfect solution, you'll see how I was able to attach his winch to the steering knuckle and use it to provide just enough steering control to get him rolling and to a point where we could free up traffic and make real repairs. I hope you enjoy.

:cool:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I remember watching this. Great thinking! I always thought this would be my nightmare breakdown, but forgot about sector shafts when I started worrying about electronics. :crazyeyes: Thanks for freaking me out all over again. :eek: LOL!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I remember watching this. Great thinking! I always thought this would be my nightmare breakdown, but forgot about sector shafts when I started worrying about electronics. :crazyeyes: Thanks for freaking me out all over again. :eek: LOL!

:cheesy: Sorry about that :crazyeyes: