ON the GO PHOTOS : Miscellaneous Pics from Cindy & Eddie!

Piginajeep

It was fun for a while but now I am done with all this white stuff. I literally haven't seen it like this since I was a kid. Here's a shot of Cindy taking a shot of the snow. Took all but 30 seconds to cover her like this.

View attachment 9045

That’s what she said!

Seriously though. Fucking winter needs to exit. It’s killing us down here.

I think our spring trail run will involve snow.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's going on there?

To add insult to injury, not only did we pay almost twice as much for the Adam's Driveshafts we bought back in October, they weren't balanced for shit. Being that they were new, I assumed the problem was on my end and dicked around trying to adjust my pinion and caster again and again and again with no change. Finally decided that the problem had to be a balancing one and... what do ya know, it was.

I should point out that after installing our ProRock 44, it was a lot worse. I did change the front flange to a yoke and so the front shaft was about an inch short but if it really shouldn't have made a difference. With it removed, the oscillation was gone but we still had a droning vibration coming from the rear. I decided to retube the front shaft to make it the correct length and rebalance the rear and now our JL runs smooth and quite and all for just $246. Gotta love my local driveline shop! Should have just gone there in the first place.

JTCO

Meme King
To add insult to injury, not only did we pay almost twice as much for the Adam's Driveshafts we bought back in October, they weren't balanced for shit. Being that they were new, I assumed the problem was on my end and dicked around trying to adjust my pinion and caster again and again and again with no change. Finally decided that the problem had to be a balancing one and... what do ya know, it was.

I should point out that after installing our ProRock 44, it was a lot worse. I did change the front flange to a yoke and so the front shaft was about an inch short but if it really shouldn't have made a difference. With it removed, the oscillation was gone but we still had a droning vibration coming from the rear. I decided to retube the front shaft to make it the correct length and rebalance the rear and now our JL runs smooth and quite and all for just $246. Gotta love my local driveline shop! Should have just gone there in the first place.

That sucks but glad you got it fixed finally. I feel your pain. Chasing shit like that down after a big mod is tedious.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That sucks but glad you got it fixed finally. I feel your pain. Chasing shit like that down after a big mod is tedious.

Oh yeah, the worst part is that in order to make adjustments, you have to take all kinds of shit off, do what you need to do, reassemble everything and then test it out and only to find that something is still off and have to do it again. I know you know this well working on your rig. :icon_crazy:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That blows. I've got a front Adams 1350 sitting in my garage right now. The way I'm reading it, sounds like you repaired them rather than build brand new ones.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That blows. I've got a front Adams 1350 sitting in my garage right now. The way I'm reading it, sounds like you repaired them rather than build brand new ones.

Oh yeah, the u-joints, double cardan and slip shaft were fine and a tube is a tube. This is why I can't understand how companies can charge so much for a drive shaft. Aside from components, the only thing that makes one driveshaft better than another is how well it's balanced.

NFRs2000NYC

Oh yeah, the u-joints, double cardan and slip shaft were fine and a tube is a tube. This is why I can't understand how companies can charge so much for a drive shaft. Aside from components, the only thing that makes one driveshaft better than another is how well it's balanced.

Time to expand your product line, hitch stinger and drive shafts....can make a subsidiary company "Stingers and Shafts." Good name for a bar too lol.