JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 4 | Cinder Hills to the Grand Canyon

JAGS

Wholly shit. Talk about unexpected! Was surprised and excited just to see this box come in, with sweet Oakley bag inside. Then it was neverending after that. Wow, too cool Rancho. THANKS again JLWrangler, Rancho, and Wayalife. [emoji106]

IMG_6258.jpg

IMG_6257.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wholly shit. Talk about unexpected! Was surprised and excited just to see this box come in, with sweet Oakley bag inside. Then it was neverending after that. Wow, too cool Rancho. THANKS again JLWrangler, Rancho, and Wayalife. [emoji106]

WooHoo!! Looks like you scored :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

View attachment 7885

View attachment 7886

Man that’s awesome. Thanks to Rancho, for their support of this forum, and thanks again to JLWrangler for such a great forum.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Spack

Eddie, I just watched Nitto’s JLx video last night. They should watch yours and take notes. Although you say they had better cameras and equipment, they both looked great. The difference was in the experience about the Experience.
With your videos, I felt like I was there and participating myself. Theirs, I felt like I was just watching some jeeps. This is why when I saw my first Wayalife video I was hooked. Great job and always look forward to new videos.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I just watched Nitto’s JLx video last night. They should watch yours and take notes. Although you say they had better cameras and equipment, they both looked great. The difference was in the experience about the Experience.
With your videos, I felt like I was there and participating myself. Theirs, I felt like I was just watching some jeeps. This is why when I saw my first Wayalife video I was hooked. Great job and always look forward to new videos.

Well, we're truly flattered you would say as much. Thank you.

NFRs2000NYC

Yup, watched their video last night, editing wasn't even close, and the actual video quality wasnt noticeable. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the camera is merely a tool. A talented film-maker will create a better project with an iphone than an amateur with a RED camera. Storytelling is a creative talent, not a technical one. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, watched their video last night, editing wasn't even close, and the actual video quality wasnt noticeable. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the camera is merely a tool. A talented film-maker will create a better project with an iphone than an amateur with a RED camera. Storytelling is a creative talent, not a technical one. :thumb:

Having seen the work you do, we'll take that as a true compliment. Thank you.

NFRs2000NYC

I still say there is no better selling presentation than the Keep It Tight series. If you don't want to buy a Jeep after watching that series, you're dead inside. It made me buy a Jeep.....twice lol. It also comes across pretty blatantly, that one video is made by people who's job it is to make a video as a hired service, and the other is made by people that just love to make/share videos. That's why those tool nuggets in the comment section always make me laugh.....telling you "you should have done xyz, your music sucks, etc." The video wasn't made for them, that's something they don't seem to understand. You guys just keep making the stuff you make for yourselves, and enjoy life. The rest can just sop up all the haterade with a biscuit...they hate you cause they ain't you. :D

GCM 2.0

I still say there is no better selling presentation than the Keep It Tight series. If you don't want to buy a Jeep after watching that series, you're dead inside. It made me buy a Jeep.....twice lol. It also comes across pretty blatantly, that one video is made by people who's job it is to make a video as a hired service, and the other is made by people that just love to make/share videos. That's why those tool nuggets in the comment section always make me laugh.....telling you "you should have done xyz, your music sucks, etc." The video wasn't made for them, that's something they don't seem to understand. You guys just keep making the stuff you make for yourselves, and enjoy life. The rest can just sop up all the haterade with a biscuit...they hate you cause they ain't you. :D

“Keep it Tight” was a really great week of wheeling. There were a lot of future, close and long friendships built during that week. I still laugh because Falken Tires had their professional Motorsports film crew of at least four camera guys out there......and then there was Eddie and Cindy. One has to drive, the other has to film. And just look at what they did then, and they are still using that same recipe!

Me and Eddie at what is pretty much the gate keeper of Carnage Canyon. Notice all of his filming equipment?

IMG_0940.jpg

The final obstacle and climb out of that canyon. Look at the top left corner and you see Wayalife film crew member 1 running to get the shot with all his gear, Wayalife film crew member 2 is driving the Jeep. I think there is a Falken film guy in the top right. Edit: the guy sitting cross legged in the top center of photo (Mel), he’s actually on the last obstacle which is a huge boulder that is a mandatory winch up and over. Buggies even winch out of this

IMG_0936.JPG

....and here’s the other film crew, one on each side of the Jeep wearing a falken vest. A bunch of people, a bunch of gear, which resulted in a sub par product.

IMG_0939.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Without question, Keep it Tight was our favorite trip. Maybe it's because it was our first but really, I think it was more because we had so much fun and not just because of the great wheeling and epic scenery. That trip above all others will filled with good friends and it is because of them that the trip was truly one to remember. All the big smiles and laughter you see - you just can't make that shit up. :cool: