JL JOURNAL : FLEX TEST of Our JL Wrangler with EVO Long Arms & Coilovers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Over the 4th of July Weekend, our good friends Tina and Adam came out to visit Cindy and I and being that we just got our Jeep JL Wrangler outfitted with an all new EVO High Clearance Long Arm System and King Coilovers, we decided to use the opportunity to take it out and put it to the test. Fortunately, we have big rocks just down the street and it didn't take long for us to get all twisted up. In this short video, you'll get to see how our JL performed and we hope you enjoy what you see.

A BIG thanks goes out to Tina and Adam for joining us out on the rocks and for being our support crew for the day. :cool:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We had an awesome time testing out the new Jeep and seeing the crazy flex in your JL! Minus the damages, it was a great day.

It really was a great day, thank you again for coming out. Sure makes it easier to try harder stuff when you have support. Hard to believe that was just one of oh so many different lines and obstacles we could have taken on out there :yup:

Righty tighty lefty loosie for those hubs....🤷🏼*♂️

LOL :crazyeyes: :D

Just saw the vid, it was pretty awesome, crazy flex[emoji1434]that hub tool[emoji1419]

That hubber tool was pretty cool :yup:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Just saw the vid, it was pretty awesome, crazy flex[emoji1434]that hub tool[emoji1419]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Truth be told, there is a company that makes them and they are really nice. I needed one when I first got this jeep and needed it quick (as a just in case, one hub is tight) and made this. I meant to order the good one but have yet. Guess this works just as good.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Lots of big flex in that video. For some reason I found it extremely relaxing and fell asleep like three times. Really, really laid-back. Going to have to watch it again. Lol. More than just a mouth... Adam can really pick some lines. Well done.

CalSgt

Enjoyed watching!...

Those rocks look like the same texture as the moon rocks, but looked like a lot more of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Truth be told, there is a company that makes them and they are really nice. I needed one when I first got this jeep and needed it quick (as a just in case, one hub is tight) and made this. I meant to order the good one but have yet. Guess this works just as good.

May not be the sexiest thing in the world but it looked like it did it's job well :thumb:

Happy 4th to you too.

Thank you :)

This video really shows your ability to choose a line, that was cool!

Thanks. Guess we get lucky from time to time :)

Lots of big flex in that video. For some reason I found it extremely relaxing and fell asleep like three times. Really, really laid-back. Going to have to watch it again. Lol. More than just a mouth... Adam can really pick some lines. Well done.

LOL - sure hope that wasn't a polite way of saying it was really boring :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Enjoyed watching!...

Those rocks look like the same texture as the moon rocks, but looked like a lot more of it.

Yup, very similar to the Moon Rocks.

Cool to watch how much flex your getting, sucks about the body damage but overall looks like it was a great day! Thanks for sharing! Also, C'mon Adam!! Lol

Glad you enjoyed it but next time, you'll have to come out and join us :)

that's some crazy flex!

how much more overhang does the JL have vs. the JK?

It's significant. It's because the body mount on the JL is now located on the outside of the frame rail and the pinch seam is there to help hide it.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
LOL - sure hope that wasn't a polite way of saying it was really boring :crazyeyes: :D

Nope. Just super chill. Loved it. 😎

Also, being Jeepless means that I did a hell of a lot more around yard yesterday. Digging holes, straightening fence posts, mowing the yard, sweeping the garage, working on the irrigation system, etc. So that was definitely part of it. 😂

Last edited:

Tanktitan

Fun video to watch. Your JL is really showing it’s capabilities. Eddie, can you further explain your comments about the different axles and turning radius?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. Just super chill. Loved it. 😎

Also, being Jeepless means that I did a hell of a lot more around yard yesterday. Digging holes, straightening fence posts, mowing the yard, sweeping the garage, working on the irrigation system, etc. So that was definitely part of it. 😂

LOL - yeah yeah, I see how it is :crazyeyes: :D

Awesome video! Jet has mucho flex. Adam picked up a nice JK!

It really is nice and nice that it could be had with just bolt on coilovers. :yup:

Fun video to watch. Your JL is really showing it’s capabilities. Eddie, can you further explain your comments about the different axles and turning radius?

The factory axle or ProRock 44 with factory knuckles has a really good turning radius. A ProRock 60 with the older style Pro 60 knuckles do not.

MrGiant

Great wheeling vid, so muc fun to watch. That hub tool is just cool, super simple and done in minutes. I have a scale project going on, focus on tech detail and flex. At full flex it looks just like your JL on that natural CTI ramp. Now I know that it's big brother then looks just as strange when considering the front and rear wheels in longitudinal view [emoji16]. But strange is normal I guess, call it special and it's fine

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR