They are powered by 2.0 gas engine and 2.2 turbo diesel
The Rubicon is toned down: no high fenders and 31 tires....:(

however the hoods are cool!!

GeneveJL_001.JPG

GeneveJL_002.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer that you're getting a toned down Rubicon. I hear the same is true down in Australia. Still, it looks nice.

Thanks for posting up these pics :thumb:

Back In Black

If your going back to the show how about a couple pics of the new Ferrari 488 Pista.
No offense forum folks, I love my Wrangler, but I do loves me some kick-ass speed loving machines as well.

MrGiant

Thanks a lot for those new pics! The red one looks best and pretty beefy (for euro specs)
I totally agree, the Euro version looks boring next to an US rubicon. But it still looks much nicer than the JK, I think.
It is a good base to modify it. When the first pics of the us wrangler came out I was stunned of the look. But after thinking about the tame look of our wrangler, I realized that customizing is one of the best things about any wrangler. And it is possible to get the rubicon x bumper, similar to the US jlr bumper, street legal for the JK in germany. Then installing high line fenders and up to 37s is no problem since lift kits are available, too.
Jeep germany has Mojito as available color for the JL, so I will be going with that sick paint to add some black parts as light mounts and stuff - it will look awesome in the end!
Looking forward to august, sale start in germany

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

frenchjk

more views

more views of differences:

IMG_6303Geneve.jpg low fenders

IMG_6317geneve.jpg cv joints on drive shafts

IMG_6323geneve.jpg full time auto on all the transmissions

IMG_6326geneve.jpg AD Blue for diesel versions....

frenchjk

Thanks a lot for those new pics! The red one looks best and pretty beefy (for euro specs)
I totally agree, the Euro version looks boring next to an US rubicon. But it still looks much nicer than the JK, I think.
It is a good base to modify it. When the first pics of the us wrangler came out I was stunned of the look. But after thinking about the tame look of our wrangler, I realized that customizing is one of the best things about any wrangler. And it is possible to get the rubicon x bumper, similar to the US jlr bumper, street legal for the JK in germany. Then installing high line fenders and up to 37s is no problem since lift kits are available, too.
Jeep germany has Mojito as available color for the JL, so I will be going with that sick paint to add some black parts as light mounts and stuff - it will look awesome in the end!
Looking forward to august, sale start in germany

Sales have been moved back to 4th quarter....:thinking:

frenchjk

Euro rubicon.........

mojito.png

so to add confusion: the german Jeep web site is showing a Rubicon with High Fenders...and extended front shields to go. and what looks like 33' tires!:thinking::thinking:

This is all really confusing as buying an imported (by a swiss garage/ none jeep) US model is 64000€ + VAT +emissions tax + road tax. basically 80000€ in France, sorry Jeep as much as I love you that is just too much for a JKU.

MrGiant

Jeep germany does not say anything about high line fenders, but Images (not renders) show low fenders. The info says explicitly 32"tires, mud terrain. And the images also show turn signals in the mirrors. This, the different bumpers and extensions in the front and the hood seem to be the main differences to the us model
That mojito is shown as available color is really outstanding!