JL JOURNAL : EVO Quarter Pounder Front Bumper Installation

CalSgt

Did you run all the way out or just to the springs and back to loon? Or did you run it from east to west? Looked like you were headed toward loon when we saw you.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Came in from Tahoe side on Friday, camped at Buck Island then drove up to Spider Lake the next day. I bypassed Old Sluice and went up the slabs and back on the slabs, the rest of our group got stuck dealing with a broken link on a Toyota going up Old Sluice. That ate up most of the day so we didn't go any further than Spider Lake.

We had a lime green Land Cruiser snap a pinion at the top of Big Sluice on our way in on Friday, winching it back to the bottom was the only time I had to pull rope all weekend so I was pretty pleased with how the jeep did. We had to pull the pinion to get the rear end unlocked then dragged it the whole way to Mckinny road on Sunday, it was a long day.

Hopefully I got the names of all the trails right, that's a lot of different Sluices to remember on the first trip...

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Came in from Tahoe side on Friday, camped at Buck Island then drove up to Spider Lake the next day. I bypassed Old Sluice and went up the slabs and back on the slabs, the rest of our group got stuck dealing with a broken link on a Toyota going up Old Sluice. That ate up most of the day so we didn't go any further than Spider Lake.

We had a lime green Land Cruiser snap a pinion at the top of Big Sluice on our way in on Friday, winching it back to the bottom was the only time I had to pull rope all weekend so I was pretty pleased with how the jeep did. We had to pull the pinion to get the rear end unlocked then dragged it the whole way to Mckinny road on Sunday, it was a long day.

Hopefully I got the names of all the trails right, that's a lot of different Sluices to remember on the first trip...

We saw the land cruiser at the bottom of big sluice. That’s about where we saw that Nissan Frontier if you guys ran into them. What a mess that thing was.

CalSgt

We saw the land cruiser at the bottom of big sluice. That’s about where we saw that Nissan Frontier if you guys ran into them. What a mess that thing was.

No... Didn't notice the Nissan but we did end up behind a few four runners and a Lexus on Sunday. All IFS, most with open front and rear ends, only 2 winches in the group, and 33's on most of them... It was an hour stand still before they managed to get off of the trail and let us go past.

CalSgt

If you get the EVO light bracket, it comes with a provision to mount a plate.

This is what I ended up doing, thanks Eddie

Ended up adding some KC fog lights too, I need to find some knobs with 5/16" bolts to make a quick disconnect for the plate
IMG_3505.jpg