HELP SUPPORT WAYALIFE by Buying TEKTON TOOLS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
tekton_logo.png

Being that Craftsman is far from the company that it once was and that Snap-On can be on the pricey side, I've started buying more and more of my tools from Tekton. While their tools are not made in the USA like I would prefer, they are made in Taiwan and I have found them to be made surprisingly well and available at an affordable price. Needless to say, I would highly recommend them and if you're looking for a decent set of tools, I would ask that you click on the link below and consider buying what you need from Tekton.

BUY TEKTON TOOLS HERE

So that there's no confusion, this is an affiliate link and all purchases made through it will go to help support this forum.

Thank you,
Eddie

:cool:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Awesome! Super happy with my entire tool box full of tekton tools.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

DavidDJL69

Based on your recommendation, I bought the Tekton torque wrench and just love it. Now I need to browse their selection and add some more tools to the offroad tool bag. Thanks Eddie. The torque wrench is awesome, especially when torquing to 125 ft/lbs and up.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GCM 2.0

Tekton tools have been my trail tools for years. They are really great quality for the price, and if you do break or lose a piece of the set it just doesn’t hurt as bad as it would doing the same with SnapOn or Mac.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. Like many of you, I started getting Tekton tools to replace or complete my trail tools. After discovering how well they did, I started adding them to my garage tools. As mentioned, if one ever breaks or gets lost, replacing it won't be as painful.

Piginajeep

Damn! I didn’t know they had a torque wrench that starts at 10 ft lbs. I’ve been looking for one.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn! I didn’t know they had a torque wrench that starts at 10 ft lbs. I’ve been looking for one.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Just out of curiosity, what do you need a torque wrench that starts at 10 ft. lbs. for? Would it not just be as easy to use an inch lb. one?

Piginajeep

Just out of curiosity, what do you need a torque wrench that starts at 10 ft. lbs. for? Would it not just be as easy to use an inch lb. one?

Do they have one of those ? Beadlocks, I don’t have one that’ll go low enough

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

I want a set of those angled wrenches, but $280 still hurts. Maybe I need to stop buying Jeep parts long enough to get some more tools 🤪

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do they have one of those ? Beadlocks, I don’t have one that’ll go low enough

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Well, you would only need an inch lb torque wrench that went to 120 and you can definitely get that but for beadlocks, it can be real tiring being that it's so small. A ft lb torque wrench will get you more leverage and make the install easier. So, what you're wanting is what you're looking for :crazyeyes:

Piginajeep

Well, you would only need an inch lb torque wrench that went to 120 and you can definitely get that but for beadlocks, it can be real tiring being that it's so small. A ft lb torque wrench will get you more leverage and make the install easier. So, what you're wanting is what you're looking for :crazyeyes:

I really just need a reason to buy more tools and I found it. I have two of their torque wrenches. These are my “good” ones.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So here's a bit of good news! I just talked to Tekton and was told that a lot of their stuff is in fact, MADE IN THE USA!! :usa-flag:

All of their screwdrivers, nut drivers, punches and chisels are made in the USA. More recently, they introduced their angle head wrench line up and they too are MADE IN THE USA. While not all, many of their pliers and pry bars are MADE IN THE USA and the ones that aren't are always clearly marked on their website as to where they come from. :yup:

I should also note that I've been told that Tekton has and will "continue working hard to find domestic partners that will be able to provide the highest quality tools". :thumb:

dixonk

So here's a bit of good news! I just talked to Tekton and was told that a lot of their stuff is in fact, MADE IN THE USA!! :usa-flag:

All of their screwdrivers, nut drivers, punches and chisels are made in the USA. More recently, they introduced their angle head wrench line up and they too are MADE IN THE USA. While not all, many of their pliers and pry bars are MADE IN THE USA and the ones that aren't are always clearly marked on their website as to where they come from. :yup:

I should also note that I've been told that Tekton has and will "continue working hard to find domestic partners that will be able to provide the highest quality tools". :thumb:

That is outstanding news. Looks like all the stuff I just bought won’t have far to travel to get to me by the 22nd!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King

That's awesome! :usa: